If You're Tired Of Leggings, Check Out These 31 *Other* Pieces Of Comfy Clothing
Leggings are great but we all need a break.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A floral print romper if you love the look of dresses but are terrified of sudden gusts of wind. This give you the silhouette of a short mini *but* the flowy shorts mean you can cartwheel in public without panic. *attempts a cartwheel at 26* *is in pain for a week straight*
2. An off-shoulder maxi dress designed with the phrase wardrobe staple on its lips, the kind of number you can wear to weddings and birthday dinners *or* for a stroll along a beach boardwalk.
3. A racerback tank that has most likely been blessed by a fairy godmother, because this takes your basic cami and goes *poof*. An instantly chic upgrade is yours for the taking due this high-neck silhouette, perfect for denim shorts.
4. A swanky spaghetti strap cami likely the muse behind Rihanna crooning ~where have you been all my life~. If you've thrown your entire wardrobe onto the ground in pursuit of a decent top, this bb is here to save the day because at long last — a perfectly versatile dressy top is now yours.
5. A ruffle hem romper capable of making you swoon every time you pass a mirror. Ideal for casual and fancy affairs alike, this is bound to become your new favorite warm weather piece.
6. A tank top dubbed the ~sherbert~ due to its delicious color scheme that rivals even the sweetest of Baskin Robbins pints. Designed with adjustable tie straps and an elastic band back, rest assured you'll feel comfortable for that Insta shoot due to the glove-like fit.
7. High-waisted shorts designed with an elastic waist that means ::les gasp:: you'll actually be able to exhale without feeling cold metal dig into your belly button. These comfy hunks of denim mold to your curves perfectly for a glove-like fit.
8. A midi skirt voted most likely to be worn by royalty. A delicious gold satin fabric coupled with a mid-thigh slit? I'm salivating. This is basically champagne and caviar converted into clothing form.
9. A spaghetti strap sundress because in the year that won't be named (*ahem* literally the one we are living in now), the impossible has happened: we've gotten sick of leggings. This simple number provides all the comfort from our once beloved staple but looks far more put-together.
10. An off-shoulder jumpsuit because in the year that won't be named (*ahem* literally the one we are living in now), the impossible has happened: we've gotten sick of leggings. This simple number provides all the comfort from our once beloved staple but looks far more put-together.
11. Seamless biker shorts for anyone who *does* want to break up with their leggings but, like, only for a season. These high-rise babies allows your limbs some fresh air and are crafted with a compressive fabric that won't expose the color of your undies.
12. Vibrant skinny jeans voted most likely to star in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. These stretchy hunks of denim are praised by 5,000+ reviewers for comfort, versatility, and glove-like fit — plus, these are *truly* high-waisted. None of that fake "high rise" nonsense where you feel like your underwear is constantly on the brink of being exposed.
13. A chic V-neck romper that'll have you thinking hark the herald because angels do sing — the front is self tying and adjustable, ergo you can tailor this for a customized fit.
14. A lantern sleeve mini voted most likely to be worn by royalty because yes, absolutely, a Disney Princess would wear the below if their kingdoms were real and thriving in 2021.
15. Elastic waist faux leather shorts that look so. damn. chic. Mama loves comfy clothes that fool the masses into thinking I'm trendy (mama in this context = me), and these provide just that.
16. A waffle knit set to sweeten cozy weekends spent scouring Netflix for yet another true crime docu-series. Forensic Files coupled with hot coffee, some snacks, and this comfy hunk of loungewear? My definition of bliss.
17. A surplice dress available in solid colors and a snazzy leopard print, the latter of which I personally intend on purchasing in preparation for my eventual Disney vacay (inspired by the below reviewer).
18. High-waisted bell bottoms because in the year of TikTok, it's been made abundantly clear that the time has finally arrived to retire ankle-hugging denim. Reviewers swear these babies are stretchy, comfy, and look fantastic on ye old 🍑.
19. A sleeveless T-shirt dress to replace the leggings you've been wearing since, oh, last October. This equally comfortable option won't retain humidity and allows your limbs to feel some breeze.
20. Baggy overalls (with pockets!) for anyone who detests having to scrounge up a matching top and bottom, plus wants to look peak Instagram-worthy in their loungewear — all you'll have to do is slip this on over a bralette *or* a sleeved tee.
21. A stretchy crewneck mini for a spring- and summer-approved extension of your favorite tee (although you can wear it any season with the right layers, tbh). Raise your hand if you're ready to ditch the WFH joggers and give your shins a chance to breathe.
22. A bodycon mini that looks perfectly lovely on its own or layered over a sleeved tee and tights for a full 365 days of wear. And if you're not wild about the Cher Horowitz vibes, rest assured that there are a ton of other colors and prints available.
23. A high-neck bodycon dress available in neutral colors that are perfect for daily wear, plus you can choose between three sleeve options: long, cap, or sleeveless. The latter is wonderful if you're feeling ready to let it all ~air out~.
24. A striped cap sleeve midi meant for frolicking in gardens ripe with tomatoes, tulips, lots of citrus, and potentially forest animals. I highly recommend wearing this in your studio apartment to trick yourself into the idea that your life is "cottagecore." It hurts.
25. A longline padded tank that reaps the versatility of a tank with the sweet, sweet support of underwire thanks to a body-hugging fit. TL;DR: going braless will have never felt so secure.
26. High-waisted jean shorts part of Express' new curvy collection, aka these hunks of denim are cleverly designed as to hug your curves and contour perfectly to your waist. Translation: No more gaping. Throw away your belts in celebration.
27. A shift dress appropriate for literally every. single. thing. you have coming up in the next decade. From socially distanced family gatherings to trips into the office, consider this reliable number the new holy grail of your wardrobe.
28. A high-waisted pleated skirt guaranteed to make you feel ~trendier than thou~ strutting to your corner deli. Available in neutral and vibrant hues alike, throw on any simple top to make it look as if you didn't snooze through your alarm this morning.
29. A strapless floral maxi that feels like it should come with an all-inclusive resort package because, wow, this is a vacation dress if I ever did see one. Slipping this on will make afternoon Zoom calls feel as if they're taking place somewhere tropical.
30. A pocketed jersey T-shirt dress purposely designed with a longer hemline, which means your undergarments won't be on the brink of exposure with every sudden gust of wind.
31. A flowy tank dress made from a super soft and lightweight material. TL;DR: If you want to feel like you're wear pajamas in public without the likelihood of running into someone you know, consider this your new style soulmate.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.