32 Holy Grail Hair Products You May Want To Try
Rise and shine, said my new favorite under-$10 hair product.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A silicone-free L’Oreal lamellar treatment that makes good on its promise of shine, shine, shine. This banishes dullness in eight seconds flat, giving your mane all that lustrous bounce but thankfully *none* of the weigh-down.
2. An Oribe texturizing spray considered a holy grail amongst the ~thin hair~ community. It's all very simple: Spray this on dry hair for an immediate root lift — and buildable, non-greasy volume will be delivered with just a few spritzes.
3. Pantene treatment ampoules dubbed ~rescue shots~ because they bring dried, fried, dead hair back to life. Pro-vitamin b5 guarantees a deep condition, repairing split-ends and leaving a shiny, frizz-free 'do behind.
4. A Remington wand capable of doing the Impossible (yes, Impossible with a capital "I"). This miracle tool allows even the finest, straightest of manes to hold the most voluminous beach waves: Just wrap your hair around the barrel, wait a few seconds, and you're done. Minimal effort required. Several tears shed.
5. A Neutrogena clarifying shampoo because that 10 pounds of dry shampoo you used two days ago is still trapped in your roots. Trust me. It didn't exactly run away. This anti-residue wash deep cleans build-up that would otherwise lead to lack of body, excessive grease, and *gulp* stringiness.
6. An Herbal Essences volume shampoo capable of delighting your tresses *and* nose thanks to the invigorating scent of mint and citrus. Not only does a blend of essential antioxidants, aloe, and sea kelp promote hair health and body, but it's also free of icky dyes, parabens, and aluminum.
7. An R+Co paste with all the benefits of your favorite dry shampoo (grease = a true arch nemesis), but all the benefits of a styling paste!? It's truly ludicrous how well this works at tackling two problems: absorbing oil whilst adding texture.
8. A John Frieda hot air brush, because an average straightener usually takes ALL the volume out of your roots (cc: pin-straight styles reminiscent of Jersey Shore days). This easy-to-use tool will give you a salon-quality blowout that is shockingly easy to achieve.
9. An Amika straightening brush designed with impressive iRed technology so heat can more rapidly penetrate your hair. In English? This thing reduces straightening time by up to half (#bless), ion projectors and a ceramic base promise smoothness and shine, plus it doesn't give that "pin-straight" effect that basically ruins your chance at volume and body.
10. A cult-favorite Fanola purple shampoo to nip brassiness in the bud. The violent pigment in this formula works to wash away unwanted yellow in your 'do, meaning you can extend the time between salon visits meaning you can SAVE A TON OF MONEY. Easy + affordable? Someone pinch me.
11. A Davine's milk spray considered a haircare jack-of-all-trades. A blend of roucou oil controls frizz, increases shine and softness, detangles, *and* provides heat protection. All it takes is a spritz.
12. An Xtava diffuser for the most *chef kisses* defined curls of your life. This tool is designed with 360 degree airflow, which is just a fancy way of saying that heat is evenly distribute to dry each strand to perfection without causing any unwanted frizz in the process.
13. A Hask shampoo + conditioner duo to provide tresses with an extra layer of protection, using organic rose oil and peach extract to seal in color while also giving bounce, body, and shine. Want to be cast in a shampoo commercial? This is step one toward that royalty check.
14. A Playa textured spray so you can bring beach benefits to your haircare routine without having to, well, go to the beach. This blend of sea salt and chia seed extract easily delivers that sought after "tousled but voluminous" look — the kind that otherwise takes a ton of tears, time, and hot tool use.
15. Mini hair pins to give you the ballerina bun of your pirouette-packed dreams. Just one of these little pins can do the work of up to *20* hair pins, ridding the need of those excessive random pins that would otherwise just dig into your scalp. (Plus, it's a ~fancy updo~ that implies real effort and not a way to hide the fact that you, for example, have not washed your hair in days.)
16. A plant-based gel cream that works OT to tame those pesky flyaways that no amount of brushing can get rid of. The best part? This formula is non-greasy, completely transparent, and the mascara wand makes it super easy to apply.
17. A vegan Malibu C treatment to prep your 'do for color application: Just leave this on for five minutes to remove color-blocking build-up, ~apply some dye~ within 24 hours, and voila! Your tresses are now a blank canvas that will allow for better color absorption and less fading after leaving the salon.
18. A John Frieda brunette-enhancing glaze ideal for anyone trying to extend time between salon visits *or* anyone trying to nix salon visits all together. This weekly treatment focuses on maximizing shine for a mirror-like effect while bringing out your natural brown color (and covering up grays).
19. A Moroccanoil foam mousse that is ~step one~ on your quest for more defined curls. This lightweight formula enlists the help of argan oil (v. rich in antioxidants) to fight frizz, separate curls, and add bounce. And it won't weigh down your hair! Volume and locks that would make Shirley Temple jealous are now yours for the taking.
20. An HSI straightener designed with ceramic, tourmaline crystal ion plates that evenly distribute heat with every pass. This means you'll have to run over individual sections of hair a fewer amount of times to straighten it, thus preventing unnecessary heat damage. What's fried? Your food! But not your hair!
21. A Briogeo micro-exfoliating shampoo to replace product build-up and dry flakes with a moisturized, soothed scalp. If you've been trying to grow out your mid-length 'do for, oh, forever, then this is a must-try; it's actually packed with panthenol (a #fancy vitamin) to strengthen your hair at the root.
22. A Celeb Luxury color depositing shampoo for anyone who would like to turn their ~Pinterest pastel~ dreams into reality (no expensive or time-consuming trips to the salon required). This actively hits the refresh button on color-treated hair that fades after just one wash, sparing you the heartbreak of feeling like you just wasted a ton of money for no reason. You just dyed it light blue! It shouldn't be bleach blond after 1.5 days!
23. An eco-friendly Ethique shampoo bar you'll want to purchase ASAP because a) it adds a ton of body to even the finest of tresses and b) just one bar is the equivalent of three bottles of liquid shampoo. Volume + money saved = my definition of bliss.
24. Garnier Fructis one-minute hair masks about to Evanescence the heck out of your hair — in other words, it'll bring it back to life (😉). This is available in six different formulas to tackle your specific hair concerns; avocado to smooth, banana to strengthen, coconut to nourish, goji berry to enhance color, and papaya for damage repair.
25. An Aveda daily treatment for dead, bleached hair in need of some major TLC. This 98% naturally-derived blend works to combat four types of damage (environmental, chemical, physical, and heat) while reducing breakage by up to 90% in about a week.
26. A Drybar blow dryer here to cut drying time by up to 20%, which is something worthy of applause. Plus, ionic technology seals in shine and prevents frizz, a nine-foot chord makes this a dream for bathrooms with limited outlets, and the dryer itself is lightweight!
27. A sulfate- and silicone-free Living Proof shampoo and conditioner with a favorite seven-letter word: H-E-A-L-T-H-Y. This combo gently cleanses and nourishes your hair back to health, protecting it from potential UV and hard water damage. Who dyes their hair every eight weeks? You! But with this stuff, it won't look like it.
28. A shampoo brush to increase the effectiveness of your shampoo by helping clear away built-up product — the kind that would lead to dullness and lack of body. This little silicone tool also works to stimulate your scalp and improve circulation, which can lead to speedier hair growth.
29. A vegan and cruelty-free Ghost shampoo capable of cutting down on grease *without* being too harsh on your mane. A mix of moringa oil, quinoa protein, and sunflower seed extract works together to repair damage and strengthen your hair...all while stopping dryness and brassiness in their tracks.
30. A vegan, cruelty-free, travel-sized Handmade Heroes tinted dry shampoo specifically formulated for darker hair. This will sweep up all that grease *without* leaving a white cast on your scalp (something that often happens on brunette manes).
31. A WetBrush designed with OmniFlex technology, which is just a fancy way of saying it conforms to your scalp to quickly and painlessly detangle your 'do. It slides through any kind of hair — whether super straight or curly — within mere minutes, saving you a ton of post-shower styling time.
32. A Verb restorative oil to take 👏 on 👏 frizz 👏. This lightweight blend of bamboo extract, moringa seed oil, and argan oil restores dehydrated ends with very little product, taming frizz and adding shine with each and every application.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.