33 Basic Boots You Can Hypothetically Wear Forever And Ever
To quote Shakira: Whenever, wherever, you and these boots will always be together.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Over-the-knee boots that are the perfect compromise: they look ultra dressy but don't have a heel, ergo you can look chic *and* put-together without having to wobble around on stilts.
2. Microsuede ankle booties guaranteed to become part of your daily uniform due to how comfy, versatile, and stylish they are. *screams cha ching when thinking about owning these boots*
3. Lace-up chukka boots ethically handcrafted in Peru. These beauties are constructed with a durable leather that will last and last — despite the fact that they'll be worn constantly. Consider these a one and done.
4. Chunky booties that should really start negotiating for PTO now considering you'll likely wear them every darn day. These babies are destined to become the ~little black dress~ of your shoe collection.
5. Over-the-knee boots for proof that heaven truly is a place on earth, as evident by the sheer perfection shown below. The pointed toe! The subtle heel! Excuse me while I swoon.
6. Columbia hiking boots that are both stylish *and* functional, because perfection really does exist. Reviewers can't stop raving about the solid quality, out-of-the-box comfort, and awesome traction that these waterproof babies offer.
7. Lace-up booties to make even the *biggest* cynic believe in magic. I don't know what kind of sorcery was involved in the making of the below shoes, but these heels are pretty high — and reviewers swear that they still manage to be shockingly comfortable.
8. Chinese Laundry peep toe booties so you can cover bulk of your foot *and* avoid having to wear socks. None of them match! Your feet get sweaty! These will give your piggies a lovely breeze.
9. Ugg shearling-lined boots that are considered ~classique~ for a reason. These babies are basically an extension of your favorite slippers, the different being you can actually wear them outside of the house thanks to a grippy outsole and pretreated suede.
10. Dr. Martens combat boots capable of making you feel like a total guitar-playing, rule-breaking rock and roll star every time you slip 'em on. Aesthetics aside, these quality shoes genuinely last forever.
11. Tie-back thigh-high heeled boots I highly recommend pairing with a mini skirt and cozy sweater. The outcome will be *chefs kiss* and I bet you already have something similar saved to your Pinterest board — prove me wrong.
12. Dr. Scholl's wedge booties equipped with a memory foam, cushiony insole so that you could hypothetically walk 500 miles (and perhaps 500 more) without experiencing any discomfort. Not all heroes wear capes.
13. Blundstone boots appropriate for any kind of activity — think everything from hiking to grabbing your morning caffeine. These premium leather boots are water-resistant, provide solid traction, an ergonomically engineered toe spring, and a removable comfort footbed.
14. Kamik waterproof boots you can drag through snow, sleet, rain, and mud, but rest assured that your hooves will remain perfectly warm and dry. These are fantastic for the colder months that are (unfortunately) approaching, plus great for hiking rough terrain.
15. Chinese Laundry lace-up boots that make the phrase "love at first sight" come to mind. These mauve-colored beauties are the perfect way to zhush up any old outfit.
16. Waterproof, shearling-lined boots because winter is coming and my feet shiver at the thought of wet socks. Designed with sealed seams and an upper gusset, these expertly keep the elements away from your poor piggies.
17. Square toe chelsea boots handcrafted with Italian leather, aka say ~buon giorno~ to the only shoes you'll want to wear from now on. These timeless babies even have pull-tabs to help 'em slip on with ease.
18. Sole Society knee-high boots available in three neutral colors that aren't black: gray, chocolate brown, and honey. Kudos to subtle stretch in the back calf that will keep these puppies in place (without feeling overly tight).
19. Charles by Charles David lace-up booties exuding serious ~trendier than thou~ vibes. These shoes = the only pre-requisite needed for becoming a fashion blogger.
20. Joules rain boots available in a *ton* of fantastic colors and prints: we're talking stripes, polka dots, botanical bees, and French bulldogs galore. I wish you luck on your journey of choosing just one of the 18 available options.
21. Perforated microsuede boots currently 50% off, aka excuse me whilst I go ahead and add these beauties in a size 7 to my personal shopping cart. See you at the next pair of shoes.
22. Vagabond Shoemakers leather boots appropriate for literally any outfit. If you're looking for the ~little black dress~ of your shoe game, this versatile option is IT. All caps.
23. Wedge booties sent from heaven to help people who are on their feet all day long. These are mercifully comfortable and won't make your arches hurt a bit, aka you can finally retire the spare flip-flops you keep in your purse. You'll no longer need to switch shoes midday.
24. Waterproof Vionic ankle booties designed with an orthotic arch that hugs your foot in a way that offers comfort and support. Throw in a classic style and ding ding ding, you've got yourself a contender for the perfect staple shoe.
25. Pointed-toe cowboy boots to add some western-inspired flair to any outfit. Wear these with light blue denim (preferably high-waisted), a white tee, a red lip, and you're welcome — a minimum of 9,000 compliments are guaranteed. Everyone needs a good Western boot and I refuse to hear otherwise.
26. Kitten heel booties with the uncanny ability to turn any outfit into something worth 'gramming. Seriously! Pair these with denim shorts, bodycon dresses, leggings: the world is your oyster with these beauties because they immediately make any ensemble look fancy.
27. Lucky Brand leather booties for ankles that r-e-f-u-s-e to be tamed. These block heel shoes are designed with a memory foam insole and unique cutout in the front, aka no need to find matching socks in order to wear these beauties.
28. Knee-high flat boots here to completely take over your shoe game; ready your daily #ootd because this chic and versatile staple is the only thing you'll want on your feet from now until the next century.
29. Lace-up combat boots equipped with memory foam insoles *and* a classic design that you can't go wrong with. In the words of Shakira: Whenever, wherever, you and these shoes are meant to be together.
30. Chelsea boots that also would have been dubbed ~ringarde~ had they starred in Emily in Paris. Yes, they're very basic — but in the best way possible. Presenting your new wear-everyday shoe.
31. Knee-high combat boots lined with faux fur to keep your legs and tootsies feeling nice, warm, and toasty — even when the weather outside can best be described as "my face hurts." A personal aside: I won't miss summer humidity, but I'm also not looking forward to freezing my assets off.
32. Leather buckled boots specifically designed with wide to *extra* wide heels and calves in mind. These knee-highs are the perfect everyday boots: they're got a cushioned footbed, won't clash with any outfit, and are currently on sale.
33. Vince Camuto platform booties for anyone trying to break out from the ~I only wear black shoes~ rut. These are available in a gorgeous olive green that are still super neutral, aka you won't struggle to match this pieces from your wardrobe.
The reviews in this post have been edited for length and clarity.