39 Accessories That Make For Really Great Gifts
I hate winter...but there is nothing better than a cozy knit scarf.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
What a year! The holidays are finally here! And while we’re doing our best to make sure the products we feature will arrive in time, shipping times are especially tricky this year, so we suggest shopping as early as you can.
Stock and shipping times can vary depending on where you live, which product you purchase, and more. So order earlier than you think you need to and be sure to double-check the retailers’ websites for shipping information to ensure that your gift will arrive in time for when you need it.
1. Ear climbers for the pal who wants additional piercings but is simply too chicken to go through with it. Their first one happened at the age of one! Claire’s is scary! TL;DR: These climbers will add more to their lobe, no needles required.
2. A JW Pei vegan leather purse available in vibrant hues and neutral shades alike. Light purple, lime green, chocolate brown...no matter the color you choose, your fashionable friend is super to seriously appreciate a gift from this TikTok-famous brand.
3. A faux-pearl headband pack to serve as a substitute for the tiaras they *should* be wearing. They are royalty in your eyes (and these are wonderful for masking grease, to boot).
4. A bow-topped hair tie because they want to be the kind of person who has mastered the fishtail, but they're currently struggling with just a regular braid. This bow is good at distracting from the flyaways and random pieces of hair they forgot to tie up *plus* makes for the perfect stocking stuffer.
5. Snake earrings sure to slither their way into your shopping cart due to a fun, trendy design that still feels remarkably...dainty? This gift allows them to decorate their lobes with jewelry that’s reptilian in origin.
6. Thick, cozy socks because the real nightmare before Christmas is when their feet get so cold, any sort of hoof-to-hoof contact could jolt them awake from a deep sleep.
7. An amethyst gem ring sure to get them a barrage of compliments and questions, the latter being, "Wherever did you get such an exquisite piece of jewelry??" This stunning statement is about to become part of their daily uniform.
8. A cross-body bag because it's time they finally retire that $12 purse they bought in their college years and somehow still wear. There's lipstick stains in the inner pocket. The strap is starting to unravel at the seams. It had a good run, but it's time to move on — and with this, no one will know they're carrying used gum wrappers and old receipts.
9. A tote bag best described as perfection for folks who are always in a rush. This is perfectly structured, allowing them to slip their laptops in with ease while streamlined pockets mean they won’t spend minutes (hours, days) searching for their car keys, lip balm, and other miscellaneous necessities.
10. A faux-fur pom-pom hat because do we hate winter? Yes. But do we all collectively salivate over adorable winter clothing accessories? Absolutely. The below is warm, adds a perfect pop of color, and makes for the ultimate stocking stuffer.
11. Nine pairs of soft knit socks they can rock with Chelsea boots and a miniskirt, where they peek through ever so slightly to tell the world, "Yes, I look put together, but I am also incredibly cozy."
12. A quilted cross-body available in neutral hues, aka these babies will blend. right. in. with whatever 'fit they throw on. They can even remove the strap and voilà! A fancy clutch is theirs for fancy dinners, wedding, et cetera.
13. A chain bracelet so timeless-yet-trendy, you really can't go wrong with it. Rest assured that unwrapping this gorgeous hunk of arm candy is all but guaranteed to make any recipient happy.
14. Drop earrings to help them feel as if THEY are the present, wrapped in a bow and all. If the holidays were to manifest themselves in a single piece of jewelry, this would be it. No doubt about it.
15. A sterling silver ring dubbed the croissant ring, which means that, other than an actual edible flaky croissant, there can be no better gift. 10/10 recommend gifting a wearable pastry.
16. A suede cross-body to answer the question, What would Zenon wear? This features constellation embellishments to upgrade a plain outfit — say, black leggings and a white blouse — and transform it into something truly stellar.
18. Dopp kits emblazoned with their airport code of choice: NYC for people who consider their Sex and the City obsession a personality trait, SYR to celebrate their alma mater, etc. These accessories looks chic *and* will help them stay organized during weekend trips.
19. Pearl drop earrings that actually took my breath away due to how lovely they are, which is ironic coming from someone who runs away from dragonflies when she sees them in the wild. 10/10 would wear these on my earlobes (and give them as a gift), 15/10 would scream bloody murder if they were real.
20. A pair of luxurious Ugg gloves crafted from genuine shearling trip and leather. These are more ~fancy~ upgrades to the chunky knit mittens they wear on a daily basis, and best of all? You can snag 'em for 45% off their original price.
21. A crossbody they will truly get an immeasurable amount of use from. Not only will this become the LBL (little black bag) of their wardrobe, but a 100% leather construction means it won't start falling apart within *checks calendar* one business day.
22. Claw clips because it's about time they bid adieu to the damaging hair ties of updos past and embrace the tool that TikTok has been telling me to buy for the last 13 months. These securely hold back their mane without tugging or pulling, meaning breakage and headaches = no longer an issue.
23. A bifold wallet they'll definitely unwrap and say, “I’ve been meaning to get one of these!” They never would have. Give them the gift of something that’s not ripping apart at the literal seams.
24. A layered necklace comprised of mini pearls *and* an 18-karat gold-plated coin, a combo of which is sure to have them develop heart eyes like an old-timey cartoon character.
25. A nubby scarf they'll love for swaddling their bodies when it's freezing out. Excellent for the neck region, but this thing is large enough to function like a chic poncho.
26. An organic oyster turquoise ring sure to make a statement on their digits whenever they slip it on. Manicure-less nails and mauled cuticles? They don't have to worry about that ever again. This gorg accessory will divert their eyes every single time.
27. A cosmetic case that is so handy-dandy for folks who aspire to stay organized but...kind of can’t. This provides a chic way to grab and dump the contents of their makeup vanity into one accessible spot, but the removable top layer can at least keep their brushes looking nice and neat.
28. An easy-to-clean canvas wallet with 10 card slots, four cash (AND *ahem* RECEIPT) holders, an exterior pocket, and secure snap closures. PLUS! It has a super-slim design that won't look or feel bulky.
29. A baseball cap if they're planning a trip to Paris *just* to pretend they're an aspiring chef in mouse form. This pays subtle homage to their favorite film.
30. A duffel bag that is, in a word, perfection for friends with unquenchable wanderlust. This spacious travel must-have is made from durable nylon (or leather), fits a *ton* of stuff and has multiple-sized pockets for organization, but the best part? A convenient strap that easily slides over luggage handles. Happy running through O'Hare as to not miss their holiday flight!
31. A four-piece earring set to guarantee that their 'lobes always have the perfect amount of zhuzh. Tiny hoops, some studs, a trendy chain cuff — they'll relish in choosing their accessory of the day every morning.
32. A custom beaded bracelet if they love accessories emblazoned with their name but were never a fan of the gold name tag necklace. "That's not my name" screamed The Ting Tings as they held up their wrist to show off the below.
33. A faux-leather bucket bag worthy of some serious drool. This roomy purse has ample space for all of their necessities — laptop, workout clothes, you name it! — but looks *way* better than the old gym duffel they've been using for 84 years.
34. A leather belt because they’ve had the same one since MySpace-using dinosaurs roamed the earth. Help them keep their low-rise pants up in style. They will truly appreciate it.
35. A sleek faux-leather backpack perfect for weekend vacays thanks to organized inner pockets, a compartment for your laptop, and a back band that slips conveniently over suitcase handles. The dream = a functional accessory that looks chic while carrying their excessive Hudson News purchases.
Get it from Calpak for $118 (available in 10 colors).
Expedited shipping available for an additional cost.