1. This is the window display at Topshop’s London store.
The retailer partnered with Peta to send the message to shoppers, “Keep wildlife out of your wardrobe.” (The same cannot be said, apparently, of denim shorts cut like a diaper and worn over 20-year-old leggings.) But this is a bold stand for a store that shows at London Fashion Week and positions its merchandise as very trend-driven. Fur and exotic skins were among the biggest trends on the fall 2013 runways, so an outright rejection of it is ballsy. The store and Peta are encouraging shoppers to pledge to keep exotic skins out of their wardrobes. You can make your pledge here.
- President Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 30.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight."
- Elon Musk said his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝