1. I’ll start you off easy:
This is a pair of shoes that appeared in the new spring/summer collection by Prada, which just showed at Milan Fashion Week. The Prada show is considered one of the most influential each season which means: everything Prada does, everyone else wants to copy. So, how the hell do you think Zara and Forever 21 are going to handle knocking off…
2. These embellished things that I’m not sure even qualify as human shoes:
They appear to be worn with gold leather socks that have a separate compartment for the big toe. So basically this is the most extreme case of sock-and-sandal disease you’ve ever seen.
3. Some of the socks were open toe.
Doesn’t it all look so comfortable!
4. Some pairs had a less extreme platform.
And as for the clothes, well, I didn’t find them nearly as “oh my God what is THAT?” as the shoes. But while they’re in our face, this wrap thing sort of reminds me of playing cards. Cheap trick or smart bet? (Forgive me.)
5. Some shoes were shockingly flat.
I actually have a hard time telling whether she’s wearing full soles or just silver leather socks (again: silver leather socks) with ribbon-like straps tied around her feet.
7. Some minimalist outfits kept the focus on the accessories.
Or would you say this white knit onesie is weird enough-looking to be distracting? You be the judge.
8. Also of note: stilettos are getting obese.
I guess once this trend hits the mainstream, everyone’s drunk balance will be massively improved.
14. Here’s a video:
15. So maybe these crazy leather socks were just meant to keep everyone from slipping right out of their heels.
Although when everyone fell on the runway in 2009, Miuccia Prada said, “I liked it. It made the show more interesting.” So you never know. Maybe she just wanted to find a sock material that would give her a good reason to put zippers in the back so that people can get them on and off. What you’re going to do about foot odor, in these things, is a whole other can of worms.
- The Trump administration wants to send immigrants caught at the southern US border to Mexico even if they're not from the country.
- An off-duty Los Angeles police officer was caught on cellphone video firing at least one shot during a confrontation with several teens.
- Police arrested at least 10 people on Wednesday as they began clearing out protester camps at the Dakota Access Pipeline site.
- A couple recently celebrated their engagement with a "La La Land" inspired photo shoot, and it's pretty cute 💍📷