1. Michelle Obama arrives at Buckingham Palace for a reception welcoming top people like hers to the U.K. for the Olympics.
Here she is — wearing clothes, it must be noted — with U.K. ambassador Louis Susman. Judging by the slight grimace on her face, she might be noticing how Kate’s drab outfit doesn’t stack up to her fab one.
2. Here’s Kate, boozing it up with the president of Mongolia (left).
For some reason she seems to have raided the queen’s wardrobe of powder blue coats and cinched it at the waist with a dyed-to-match seatbelt.
3. MObama and K-Mid come together at last!!!!!!!!
FLOTUS: Ohhhh you are dressed just like the queen. How oddly old of you.
Duchess: Just trying to look stiff enough so that I can get away with drinking and not looking like the nightclub floozy I used to be.
FLOTUS: Dammit! So you’re not pregnant.
4. Michelle enjoys face time with the queen.
Queen: I always say, if I were in the Games I’d be a rhythmic gymnast…
Queen: (cont’d) …because no one understands the complexity of what I do, a lot of people resent me, and I’m constantly overshadowed by certain other ladies.
- It's time: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump will face off tonight at 9 p.m. ET in the first of three US presidential debates.
- Dozens of children were killed after the Syrian government launched a major offensive in Aleppo over the weekend.
- Ted Cruz said Trump's list of potential Supreme Court nominees spurred his decision to endorse his former opponent.