1. According to a new survey, women and men are overwhelmingly not into the waif-y runway model look.
The findings, from the survey of 2,000 people conducted by the Gym Group:
First, the Men:
• 33% of men say defined abs are “the most attractive attribute in a woman.”
• 25% of men are into a “voluptuous bottom.”
• And 11% of men say the most attractive thing about a woman is “firm thighs.”
And the Women:
• 51% of women questioned said they want athletic bodies.
• 10% of women want waif-ish frames and “chiseled cheekbones.”
Let’s bear in mind the survey was conducted by “the Gym Group,” which is a chain of gyms, so they’re obviously using this survey as an advertisement for their services. But it’s still a jumping-off point for an interesting question:
Let’s say it’s true (and it could be!) that women don’t want to be runway-skinny and that men aren’t most attracted to women who are runway-skinny. So then if women don’t want to look like waifs, and if men aren’t attracted to waifs, why are runway models — and Victoria’s Secret fashion show models, I don’t care how “curvy” I’m supposed to think they are — all waifs?
Please share your contemplations in comments.
- Chancellor Angela Merkel of Germany has for the first time said that she backs proposals for a partial ban on burqas.
- Mike Pence says the next attorney general will decide whether or not federal charges against Michael Slager will remain.
- The UK prison service is suppressing evidence of corruption among its guards which is fueling violence behind bars.
- Grammy nominations: Beyoncé has earned 9, including Album of the Year. Drake, Rihanna, and Kanye West each got 8 nods 💿🎶