1. Relationships can develop a push-pull quality when partners are in the throes of an Olympic bromance AND fiercely competitive at the same time.
Here Lochte may pull away, but Phelps, perhaps drawn by inexplicable force, eagerly floats forth to his man.
2. The convenient part about being Olympic swimming bros is always having someone around to be straight with you.
“I don’t have that embarrassing goggles mark on my forehead, do I?”
3. Or just do the things you love to do with you. Like the backstroke.
4. Or comfort you when you look down.
“Tweet me a #JEAH later, will you, Phelpsie? Rough day.”
5. But at the end of a match, Phelpte knows knows the other is just a plastic floating rope away.
“Bro, tell me when the camera turns away so I can stop making my sexy face.”
8. Or will they get out of the pool and be best friends again?
“Fine. I still love you.”
10. Tension arises when Phelpte’s attention goes heavily to just one party.
“Ruin my shot if you want to but you still have no idea what you’re doing.”
“I told you it’s better when you hold your own flag!!!”
12. Ultimately, love brings them together in the end.
“Yo how many times I gotta tell you? Out of my way so I can touch Magic Mike, gosh.”
13. Until Tyler Clary steals Ryan away.
Hey. It happens to hot people all the time.
- Ex-London mayor Boris Johnson has dramatically ruled himself out of the race to be the next Conservative UK prime minister.
- The three suicide bombers behind Istanbul's airport attack were from Russia, Uzbekistan, and Kyrgyzstan, Turkish officials say.
- Ready for the U.S. presidential election in November? It's #TurnUpToVote week at BuzzFeed and you can register here 🇺🇸