1. Artist Francesco Vezzoli covers the May-June issue of L’Uomo Vogue.
You don’t want artists to go the standard pensive portrait route male actors get, right? Of course not.
2. According to the magazine, it’s a “self-portrait as Pope Innocent X (after Diego Velàzquez).”
So the inspiration is NOT Francis Bacon as you might have thought. Maybe he’s too lowbrow for the Vogue Italia family.
3. Don’t look so down, Pope Francis — your day will come.
You know Meisel would do a sitting with you ANYtime, I’m sure.
- Politics in France were redrawn Sunday as pro-EU Macron and far-right Le Pen advanced to a runoff in the country's presidential election 🇫🇷
- US Attorney General Jeff Sessions said Sunday that DREAMers, like "everyone that enters the country unlawfully," are "subject to deportation."
- North Korea has arrested a third American citizen amid a dramatic escalation in tensions with the United States.
- Drag queens, puppies, and Lisa Rinna — BuzzFeed News got a behind the scenes look of "Watch What Happens Live."