1. Artist Francesco Vezzoli covers the May-June issue of L’Uomo Vogue.
You don’t want artists to go the standard pensive portrait route male actors get, right? Of course not.
2. According to the magazine, it’s a “self-portrait as Pope Innocent X (after Diego Velàzquez).”
So the inspiration is NOT Francis Bacon as you might have thought. Maybe he’s too lowbrow for the Vogue Italia family.
3. Don’t look so down, Pope Francis — your day will come.
You know Meisel would do a sitting with you ANYtime, I’m sure.
- Palantir, one of the most valuable and secretive tech companies in Silicon Valley, is grappling with a wave of staff departures and the loss of some blue-chip corporate clients.
- U.S. foreign policy figures are raising concerns about a close Trump aide's ties to allies of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- And on the UK elections front, Sadiq Khan is all but certain to be elected mayor of London.