1. Artist Francesco Vezzoli covers the May-June issue of L’Uomo Vogue.
You don’t want artists to go the standard pensive portrait route male actors get, right? Of course not.
2. According to the magazine, it’s a “self-portrait as Pope Innocent X (after Diego Velàzquez).”
So the inspiration is NOT Francis Bacon as you might have thought. Maybe he’s too lowbrow for the Vogue Italia family.
3. Don’t look so down, Pope Francis — your day will come.
You know Meisel would do a sitting with you ANYtime, I’m sure.
- Donald Trump says he has picked retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson to be his secretary of housing and urban development.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's presidential election has conceded defeat, obstructing the advance of the global populist movement in Europe.
- An armed man was arrested Sunday near a pizza spot named in a Hillary Clinton conspiracy rumor. Here's how "Pizzagate" was spread.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏