1. Artist Francesco Vezzoli covers the May-June issue of L’Uomo Vogue.
You don’t want artists to go the standard pensive portrait route male actors get, right? Of course not.
2. According to the magazine, it’s a “self-portrait as Pope Innocent X (after Diego Velàzquez).”
So the inspiration is NOT Francis Bacon as you might have thought. Maybe he’s too lowbrow for the Vogue Italia family.
3. Don’t look so down, Pope Francis — your day will come.
You know Meisel would do a sitting with you ANYtime, I’m sure.
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Plotters of Turkey's failed coup were unhappy with the government's attempt to make peace with Kurdish separatist rebels, a document obtained by BuzzFeed News shows.
- More than 29,000 people have signed a petition for British scientists to keep access to EU projects after Brexit.