The program for the CFDA Awards — the Oscars of fashion — is called the CFDA Journal. Each year the Journal hires a top photographer to capture the nominees and their work, and publishes the material on extremely luxurious cardboard-like paper stock which is then bound into something like a cross between a book and a magazine that puts Broadway Playbills and all your friends’ wedding stationary combined to astounding shame. Here, BuzzFeed Fashion has an exclusive first look at the photographs of the nominees for best accessory design, all shot by Peter Lindbergh in the typically serious and seemingly emotionless mood that defines fashion warriors of this caliber. Enjoy!
3. Meet Wang!
Also known for: seductive, well-conditioned hair.
5. Meet Lim!
Also known for: astutely matching his ring to his jacket when it counts (e.g. when Peter Lindbergh is photographing you because you might be the best accessory designer in all the U.S.).
6. Proenza Schouler
Known for: the P.S. handbag, the granddaddy of all American-born “It” bags, putting monograms to shame since its heart-stopping (to fashion people) birth about four years ago; shoes that attract street style photographers at fashion week like a swarm of locusts over Africa.
7. Meet Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez!
Also known for: steely yet innocent gazes.
- Donald Trump signed a sweeping executive order that dismantles many Obama era climate change regulations.
- The Republican chair of the House probe into Russia and Trump should step down after secretly meeting with a source at the White House, say top Democrats.
- The Trump White House has a habit of taking credit for business deals struck under Obama, as they did today with a Ford investment plan from 2015.
- The Scottish parliament has voted for an independence referendum that could result in Scotland leaving the UK.