1. Watch Miss Rhode Island answer a question about transgender beauty pageant contestants.
What really clinched the win for Olivia was probably her answer about whether transgender pageant contestants should be allowed to compete and win. She said, “I do think that that would be fair, but I can understand that people would be a little apprehensive to take that road because there is a tradition of natural-born women, but today where there are so many surgeries and so many people out there who have a need to change for a happier life, I do accept that because I believe it’s a free country.” Watch her and the other four finalists answer their questions in the video.
2. The top five competitors…
The top five contestants were:
1. Miss Rhode Island
2. Miss Maryland
3. Miss Ohio
4. Miss Nevada
5. Miss Georgia
3. See Miss Rhode Island in her swimsuit.
According to her bio, Olivia “began studying the cello and went on to participate in the Rhode Island Philharmonic Youth Orchestra, RI Philharmonic Chamber Ensemble, Bay View Orchestra and Rhode Island All-State Orchestra. As a cellist, Olivia won a seat in the Boston Symphony Hall, Carnegie Hall in New York City, and a tour of England in 2010.” Impressive! However, she did not get to play her cello for the telecast of this pageant. Instead she wore makeup and this bathing suit and some dresses and sashayed back and forth a whole lot.
4. Watch Miss Rhode Island play the cello!
She’s quite talented!
5. And here she is looking hot again…
6. And again!
10. And here she is with her latest, greatest accessory.
- Blue Lies Matter: How video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.
- Obama shortened Chelsea Manning's 35-year sentence for leaking documents to WikiLeaks. She'll be freed in May.
- Trump promised insurance for everyone this weekend, but Senate Republicans say they assume he misspoke.
- A Toronto man is on a mission to bathe at a different stranger's house every day this month. And so far, so good🛀