1. Watch Miss Rhode Island answer a question about transgender beauty pageant contestants.
What really clinched the win for Olivia was probably her answer about whether transgender pageant contestants should be allowed to compete and win. She said, “I do think that that would be fair, but I can understand that people would be a little apprehensive to take that road because there is a tradition of natural-born women, but today where there are so many surgeries and so many people out there who have a need to change for a happier life, I do accept that because I believe it’s a free country.” Watch her and the other four finalists answer their questions in the video.
2. The top five competitors…
The top five contestants were:
1. Miss Rhode Island
2. Miss Maryland
3. Miss Ohio
4. Miss Nevada
5. Miss Georgia
3. See Miss Rhode Island in her swimsuit.
According to her bio, Olivia “began studying the cello and went on to participate in the Rhode Island Philharmonic Youth Orchestra, RI Philharmonic Chamber Ensemble, Bay View Orchestra and Rhode Island All-State Orchestra. As a cellist, Olivia won a seat in the Boston Symphony Hall, Carnegie Hall in New York City, and a tour of England in 2010.” Impressive! However, she did not get to play her cello for the telecast of this pageant. Instead she wore makeup and this bathing suit and some dresses and sashayed back and forth a whole lot.
4. Watch Miss Rhode Island play the cello!
She’s quite talented!
5. And here she is looking hot again…
6. And again!
10. And here she is with her latest, greatest accessory.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- Here's what European cities are offering to convince London's banks, companies, and entrepreneurs to move post-Brexit🍷🌞
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭