2. And here are more photos from her trip to Africa.
Here she is on Goree Island looking fab in some festive peach (but with these filters, who can tell?) pants.
3. She also uploaded a video!
Of students performing a welcome ceremony for her in Dakar. Watch it on her feed.
BTW, while she’s cracked Instagram and Instagram video she/the people who do social media for her haven’t tweeted since March. It’s possible her Instagram foray will soon come to a heartbreaking halt so enjoy it while it lasts now.
4. Here she is mingling with some young ladies at a middle school in Dakar.
“‘You all are role models for my daughters, which is why I brought them here today - so that they could be inspired by you just like I am.’ -First Lady Michelle Obama at MLK Middle School in Dakar. #FLOTUSinAfrica”
5. And finally, “The Door of No Return” on Goree Island.
Symbolic of the plunge into Instagram, obviously. But this is also a very advanced Instagram move, sharing calming, artistic scenery in a humble brag-like fashion. It’s only a matter of time before we know how her breakfast looks through a brownish, nostalgia-harkening filter.
This post has been updated since publication with more Instagrams from the FLOTUS’s fledgling yet already spectacular feed.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Should opioid users who've repeatedly overdosed be forced to get drug treatment? Some politicians say yes.
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭