1. Maggie Gyllenhaal wore this to the premiere of White House Down in New York.
It looks deceivingly like fish scales on top with Fido’s sweater throw on bottom, plus a scrunchie belt to tie them together. But, it’s actually one of the finest pieces of fashion to emerge from a runway in recent memory.
2. Here’s how it looked on the Christian Dior runway in Paris. It was part of a collection that practically had critics fainting with joy.
“People left the Dior show today on a high, or I had the feeling they did,” wrote New York Times critic Cathy Horyn, continuing, “Was it that Raf Simons had once again changed people’s expectations about Dior and, by association, fashion?” Also, she “was particularly impressed with the many ways that Mr. Simons added a graphical dimension to the clothes — for instance… a tight bunch of frills at the waist.”
3. Here’s a closer look at Maggie.
4. “Tight bunch of frills” is one way to describe it, sure.
5. Or you could just go with…
- Swedes are confused after Trump talked about a nonexistent incident in Sweden during his rally in Florida 🇸🇪🙃
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."