1. Maggie Gyllenhaal wore this to the premiere of White House Down in New York.
It looks deceivingly like fish scales on top with Fido’s sweater throw on bottom, plus a scrunchie belt to tie them together. But, it’s actually one of the finest pieces of fashion to emerge from a runway in recent memory.
2. Here’s how it looked on the Christian Dior runway in Paris. It was part of a collection that practically had critics fainting with joy.
“People left the Dior show today on a high, or I had the feeling they did,” wrote New York Times critic Cathy Horyn, continuing, “Was it that Raf Simons had once again changed people’s expectations about Dior and, by association, fashion?” Also, she “was particularly impressed with the many ways that Mr. Simons added a graphical dimension to the clothes — for instance… a tight bunch of frills at the waist.”
3. Here’s a closer look at Maggie.
4. “Tight bunch of frills” is one way to describe it, sure.
5. Or you could just go with…
- The LAPD says it won't work with the feds on deportations — but it already does.
- UK intelligence chief says he's worried by rival countries' attempts to undermine democracy through propaganda, cyberattacks.
- The 36 victims in the Oakland warehouse fire were trapped with "no way out" in America's deadliest blaze in over a decade.
- People are mad at Jennifer Lawrence for telling a story about rubbing her butt on some sacred Hawaiian rocks.