1. Rather than a couture designer creation, Helen Hunt wore a navy blue dress by H&M to the Academy Awards.
“H&M has designed a special gown to match the beauty and the talent of Helen Hunt,” the brand announced in a press release. “The couture midnightblue full length gown is silk satin and strapless, and was made specially for the Oscar occasion.”
This is huge for H&M, which has earned considerable fashion cred for its high-fashion designer collaborations over the past several years. It’s also a shrewd move for Hunt, who heightens her relatability by wearing a dress by a brand average women shop at — something that’s been instrumental in the Michelle Obama and Kate Middleton’s image molding.
Hunt’s gown is custom — no word on H&M having plans to sell it in stores. With so many awkward dresses on this carpet they certainly win points for making something classic and appealing.
- Donald Trump wants President Obama to be investigated, saying he knew about Hillary Clinton's private email server 📩
- Should opioid users who've repeatedly overdosed be forced to get drug treatment? Some politicians say yes.
- 🔎 Transgender rights: How the bathroom fight is dividing top LGBT leaders and could change the future of the movement.
- A dad is bringing his 6-year-old son's drawings to life with the help of Photoshop 🖊💭