1. What’s missing from this picture?
Oh that’s right — Michelle Obama wearing the outfit everyone was supposed to be the most excited to see this morning. But, the existential question we all face in the aftermath of Monday’s inaugural ceremonies is: WAS her outfit the one everyone was most excited to see?
2. Beyoncé breezed in wearing a fancy ballgown and coat — then threw off the coat, despite the 30-something degree weather — to reveal that the dress was skin tight and see-through!
If you’re a diva (especially Beyoncé) you basically have to wear a body stocking whenever in the public eye these days, and this Pucci look is basically the ballgown version of a body stocking.
3. The question each must ask herself is: will you remember THIS more than Michelle Obama’s moment?
It even has a CAPE! A bodystocking gown with a cape — only Beyoncé can get away with this.
4. Then of course there was her memorable moment/air kiss with Barack.
5. As witnessed — and captured — from many points of view.
6. Even little Sasha back there is smirking at how close her dad’s face is to Beyoncé’s face.
If your parents were friends with Beyoncé you’d be excited about it, too.
7. Beyoncé also embraced Michelle, in a moment that was pure magic.
A rare and memorable occasion of two of the world’s most fabulous women coming together — one with new highlights, one with new bangs, one in a Thom Browne coat, one in a pre-noon ball gown…
8. Was there an iciness there?
An awareness in Beyoncé’s eyes that she had stolen the show? A chilly regret that maybe she had? A reluctant acquiescence in Michelle’s hug that said, I’ve done this before, it’s okay for you to shine like you always do, Bey?
9. So, DID Beyoncé overshadow Michelle?
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱