9. Her casting is significant for Ralph Lauren, which might still be well-remembered for this photoshop disaster.
These ads came out in 2009 in Japan. The label claimed they had never been approved for use.
Later that year, the model, Filippa Hamilton, told the press the label had fired her because she was too big. “[T]hey said I was overweight and I couldn’t fit in their clothes anymore,” she told the New York Daily News. Ralph Lauren simply said in a statement that while Hamilton was “beautiful and healthy,” they let her go “as a result of her inability to meet the obligations under her contract with us.”
18. And one more very important thing to know about Lawley…
She maintains a very pretty food blog.
- ISIS has claimed responsibility for a bombing that killed at least 80 people in Afghanistan Saturday.
- Hillary Clinton made her debut with VP pick Tim Kaine, who dipped into Spanish and spoke on support for immigration reform and gun control.
- The gunman who killed at least 10 people at a Munich, Germany mall was an 18-year-old "obsessed" with mass shootings, police said.