Steven C. Swanson, a resident of Cape Cod town East Sandwich, allegedly called the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department to inform them of his plan to fly to the city to kill Victoria’s Secret model Miranda Kerr, who has a home there. Swanson told the authorities Kerr was his “soul mate.”
L.A. police notified officials in Sandwich of the threats, the Cape Cod Times reports.
Swanson said he would get on a plane at Barnstable Municipal Airport in Hyannis, travel to Logan International Airport in Boston and then go to Los Angeles, where he would “turn the place upside down,” records show.
When Sandwich police arrived at his house, he told them he was going to Los Angeles to rescue Kerr. He also claimed to be a federal agent, court records show.
Swanson’s house included photographs of Kerr on his refrigerator, microwave and bookshelf, records show. Swanson told police he planned to take two .45-caliber handguns he had ordered, but police found no firearms in his house. Police did confiscate a pellet gun “due to it looking like a real pistol.”
Swanson was arrested for making threats with a firearm, which is a felony. He pleaded not guilty, but investigations are ongoing.
3. Meanwhile, if Miranda Kerr wasn’t blissfully unaware of the threats, she certainly acted like it on Instagram, where she gushed over her latest expensive purse acquisition.
4. Showed off a photo of her lying on some stairs, wearing a bathing suit.
5. And enthused over spring.
So STALKERS aside, the life of a supermodel doesn’t seem half bad.
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- Brexit leader Nigel Farage drew parallels between British citizens' vote to leave the European Union and some Americans' support for Trump.
- WhatsApp will start sharing your account info with Facebook. You can decline the new policy, but must opt into it first 📲😵