1. Here’s an image from Beyonce’s new ad campaign for H&M.
H&M is apparently sponsoring her “Mrs. Carter” tour. A press release announcing Beyonce’s ads reads:
The print and outdoor billboards introduce “Beyoncé as Mrs. Carter in H&M”, the idea that women can be all things: strong, vulnerable, sensual, maternal, fun and flirtatious.
The release continues:
“I’ve always liked H&M’s focus on fun and affordable fashion. I really loved the concept we collaborated on to explore the different emotions of women represented by the four elements – fire, water, earth and wind. It was a beautiful shoot on a tropical island. It felt more like making a video than a commercial,” says Beyoncé.
Jonas Ackerlund, the brilliant director behind Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi” video, directed Beyonce in a commercial for H&M that will debut online in early May and features her new song “Standing on the Sun.” Practically any new song of hers ought to sound amazing after “Bow Down.”
But what does this all REALLY mean? It’s not just an H&M campaign, or a promo for Beyonce’s upcoming tour, or joyous celebration of what it means to be a
woman Beyonce — it means that the Summer of Beyonce is upon us.
I guess I can bow down to that.
- Thousands made it to the Women's March on Washington on Saturday to stand up for women's rights and protest Donald Trump.
- Donald Trump lied about the size of the crowd at his inauguration while speaking to the CIA on Saturday, his first full day as president.
- Trump's spokesman held a press conference on Saturday to blame grass coverings for "minimizing" the crowd at the inauguration 🤔
- "We shall overcomb." People across America got creative and made some pretty epic signs for the Women's March 🎨👭