1. Here’s an image from Beyonce’s new ad campaign for H&M.
H&M is apparently sponsoring her “Mrs. Carter” tour. A press release announcing Beyonce’s ads reads:
The print and outdoor billboards introduce “Beyoncé as Mrs. Carter in H&M”, the idea that women can be all things: strong, vulnerable, sensual, maternal, fun and flirtatious.
The release continues:
“I’ve always liked H&M’s focus on fun and affordable fashion. I really loved the concept we collaborated on to explore the different emotions of women represented by the four elements – fire, water, earth and wind. It was a beautiful shoot on a tropical island. It felt more like making a video than a commercial,” says Beyoncé.
Jonas Ackerlund, the brilliant director behind Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi” video, directed Beyonce in a commercial for H&M that will debut online in early May and features her new song “Standing on the Sun.” Practically any new song of hers ought to sound amazing after “Bow Down.”
But what does this all REALLY mean? It’s not just an H&M campaign, or a promo for Beyonce’s upcoming tour, or joyous celebration of what it means to be a
woman Beyonce — it means that the Summer of Beyonce is upon us.
I guess I can bow down to that.
- President Trump addressed the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, where he lashed out at the media and defended his agenda.
- The White House strongly denies reports that Chief of Staff Reince Priebus urged the FBI to undermine stories linking Trump to Russia.
- Kim Jong Nam, the half-brother of North Korea's leader, was killed with a chemical weapon last week at an airport in Malaysia.
- Caitlyn Jenner told President Trump his administration's rollback of protections for transgender kids was a "disaster" 😳