1. Here’s an image from Beyonce’s new ad campaign for H&M.
H&M is apparently sponsoring her “Mrs. Carter” tour. A press release announcing Beyonce’s ads reads:
The print and outdoor billboards introduce “Beyoncé as Mrs. Carter in H&M”, the idea that women can be all things: strong, vulnerable, sensual, maternal, fun and flirtatious.
The release continues:
“I’ve always liked H&M’s focus on fun and affordable fashion. I really loved the concept we collaborated on to explore the different emotions of women represented by the four elements – fire, water, earth and wind. It was a beautiful shoot on a tropical island. It felt more like making a video than a commercial,” says Beyoncé.
Jonas Ackerlund, the brilliant director behind Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi” video, directed Beyonce in a commercial for H&M that will debut online in early May and features her new song “Standing on the Sun.” Practically any new song of hers ought to sound amazing after “Bow Down.”
But what does this all REALLY mean? It’s not just an H&M campaign, or a promo for Beyonce’s upcoming tour, or joyous celebration of what it means to be a
woman Beyonce — it means that the Summer of Beyonce is upon us.
I guess I can bow down to that.
- An adult film actress says Donald Trump, or someone on his behalf, offered her $10,000 and the use of his private jet to come to his suite.
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have now clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- The Chicago Cubs are heading to their first World Series since 1945 after beating the Los Angeles Dodgers 🐻
- A black metal band crashed a couple's engagement shoot and the photos are 🤘