1. Yayoi Kusama unveiled a window installation inspired by her artwork.
The store’s windows pay homage to three themes from Kusama’s work: “Beginning of the Universe,” “Eternal Blooming Flowers in My Mind,” and “Self- Obliteration.”
As you can see, the stunning visuals drew more photographers than are camping outside of Katie Holmes’s Chelsea apartment building right now, proving that high-brow culture isn’t dead! Yay.
2. Kusama wore Louis Vuitton head-to-toe.
She worked with the super-fancy label on a collection of clothing and bags and arrived dressed in it entirely — surely one of the most fabulous outfits worn anywhere this year. (The clothes are custom-made, while the sunglasses, bag, and scarf are available for purchase; the wheelchair is her own.)
With hand gestures, she quieted fans freaking out over how much better than early Lady Gaga it all was.
4. The real draw for customers will surely be the bags.
Remember the Murakami Louis Vuitton collection? The white purses with the rainbow-colored logos all over them? These spotted bags are the new that so you can rest assured that anyone wanting to flaunt themselves will make it a point to carry one of these things.
5. The outside of the Louis Vuitton building is now spotted.
Because the company is spendy like that.
6. Here’s a look at a window art installation called “Nerves.”
8. And here’s another one: “Self-Obliteration.”
With little suspended Kusama dolls.
9. Regular Louis Vuitton luggage in the store is now graced with mini Kusamas.
One way to make a stack of $8,000 suitcases look even more expensive.
All photos courtesy of Louis Vuitton.
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 200 people have been arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩