We’ve been dutifully documenting the terrifying looks that plague music festivals across the country every year. So far, Coachella has hardly exempted itself from the havens of ghost boobs, fringed bags that are practically alive, and studded cut-offs that don’t cover much more than maxi pads that these things tend to be. Judging by the photos, many of the tired trends that ravage the festival grounds yearly are still raging. However! Some people looked pretty cute and stylish! Can they inspire the hordes of attention-seeking folks who want to wear as little outrageous “clothing” as possible while they dance in hose water this weekend to wear things that are so great-looking they actively won’t want to get wet? Here’s hoping.
The people who have looked great at Coachella so far include:
1. The singer Kimbra.
She’s covered, on-trend with her orange, and looks quirky but not totally insane. Of course normal people could not go to an outdoor music festival wearing a white blazer, but that’s the difference between a moderately famous person going to Coachella and a normal person going to Coachella: the moderately famous person can stick to areas that don’t have that much dirt.
2. This girl.
Meet Harmony Vurdine from Los Angeles! She managed to keep cool in a breezy shirt with a funky pattern and cut-off shorts that probably cover her entire ass. Cute, but not trying. WIN.
3. This girl with the disco ball earrings.
Disco ball earrings! Was there ever an accessory more joyful for a concert?
5. This girl in the huge flowy pants.
This is a good example of how, when you DO put a lot of thought into your outfit, it can turn out quite well. I’d love to see it without that floppy hat, that ubiquitous accessory that’s shaping up to be the new Nicole Richie headband.
12. Lea Michele
When she’s on the red carpet she is not always the best example of how to wear clothes. But this is a great way to by sexy by exposing a triangle top without looking ridiculously near-naked.
13. Emma Watson
Okay, mostly I just like those pillow-y things she’s standing in front up. Winstagram!
14. This girl with the pretty green scarf (and her friend).
Boho, not NO-ho.
15. Whoever’s nails these are.
Another winstagram. It was hard to tell if she’s worn this nail art to Coachella yet or just plans to this weekend, but if you have a lot of creativity to express through your attire, nail art really isn’t a bad way to go.
16. This trash can.
Me: Should I include this picture of this trash can?
Hillary: It’s a great look.
- French towns are continuing to enforce a ban on Muslim women wearing the burkini despite the country's highest administrative court ruling the ban illegal.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Donald Trump says the shooting of NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin is evidence of high crime rates he believes will boost his support among black people in November's election.