4. Joe Manganiello humped everything when he went back to the “True Blood” set.
Joe told E!, “There was a week on [the True Blood] set where Steven [Moyer], Anna [Paquin] and Alex [Skarsgård] and I were working together and we were humping chairs, humping the trashcans. We were humping everything in sight on set. It become a huge joke to the point that I was skipping onto the set and saying, ‘Did somebody order a werewolf?’”
7. If the movie goes to Broadway, Alex Pettyfer might convince the cast to perform the opening.
One of the film’s producers, Reid Carolin, told USA Today, “We are working on it as a Broadway show, which would be a different story… more of a romp, more of a fun night out at a club with a story. I’m almost more excited about that than the movie because I think it’s the perfect thing for women to go see on Broadway, to be participants in the show.” Alex said he would do the show, adding, “I think we should all do the opening night.”
9. Contrary to appearances, it has plot points.
Boston.com, which headlined its review, “Substance, sex appeal mix in ‘Magic Mike’,” sums them up: “They go thong shopping. They rehearse their routines. They lift weights backstage. And they count their dollar bills when ‘‘It’s Raining Men’’ has stopped blaring from the sound system and their work is done.” So a brain vacation, this is not.
11. “‘I only do a [butt] clap for jewelry and a hundred-dollar bill,’ cracked Tatum about his infamous dance move. ‘I’m from the South, we can all make it clap in the South.’”
He told E!, “In the South you just sort of dance like that…It’s a huge Latin community, and when you have booty music, that’s how you all get to know each other, you know, in high school. When you grow up in Florida, between 13 and 15, you’re always going to a birthday party for someone that is of Latin descent, and it’s all [dance-oriented], and I just got tired of being the tall skinny white kid. I couldn’t talk to girls and I couldn’t dance, so I eventually figured one out.”
12. Channing Tatum: “Sometimes a thong completely betrays you.”
He added, “[But] if everyone is dressed in a thong pretty much any conversation is going to be funny … It’s only weird if you make it weird.”
Matthew McConaughey explained, “It’s a huge leap of faith to trust a thong… It’s your only protection up on stage. When I first tried it on, my body contorted. And I tried to get myself into every position to see what angles I was covering.”
And Joe Manganiello adds, “It’s hard to take yourself seriously with an American flag thong on with a strategically placed sparkler on the end of it… Honestly, the hardest part of this movie was biting the inside of my mouth to keep from laughing, especially watching Matthew in a yellow Spandex top and tiny bike shorts, grinding on Alex Pettyfer in front of the mirror.”
Related: 50 Reasons To See “Magic Mike”
- Top Mexican soccer player Alan Pulido has been rescue after he was kidnapped outside of his hometown in Tamaulipas.
- Yep. Marco Rubio said he's sorry for implying Donald Trump has a small penis.
- Lights have turned Australia's most iconic buildings into seriously psychedelic works of art.