Anthony Vaccarello is the man responsible for slits in clothes that defy all logic and perhaps sanity.
From left, Anja Rubik at the Met Gala, Anne V at the Grammys, and Gwyneth Paltrow posing for Harper’s Bazaar.
The gowns seem to work by having lots of strategic elastic bands and underwear-like structures within. So Anja Rubik can go out and show her hip bone but not anything… southeast of that.
He also dressed J. Lo in this wackiness for the Grammys.
It carries the dubiously honorable distinction of looking at once incredibly comfortable and incredibly dangerous, both in the “is she going to flash us?” and “is she going to trip and eat it?” departments.
Overall, Vaccarello has a distinct, sexy, very cool aesthetic as a designer, producing the kinds of things every woman wants but pretty much no one with a semblance of a normal life can wear.
1. Take this dress. So hot that every woman wants it — but obviously no one can wear it.
Unless you really hate sitting down, maybe.
2. And this shirt made of washers worn under this blazer is completely amazing and sexy right?
It won’t look nearly as cool with an undershirt. Plus, as workwear? Your boss is shaking her head already.
3. And how fabulous is this?
Bye, underwear. Bye, baind-aid free ankles.
This does appear to have Rihanna written all over it, though. Which makes sense since she’s the queen of stuff everyone wants to wear but no one normal can(/should) wear.
4. More stunningly cool asymmetry.
But sadly, you’re just not going to go around like this.
5. Even this — so cool! High maintenance yet casual at the same time
With a vent made of washers right at the crotch area. So, there goes that.
6. This is like the best bathing suit cover-up ever made.
Because it is way to mesh to really categorize as cocktail attire. But it’s not a bathing suit cover-up so, no one can wear it!
7. This seems easier — not see-through, decent hemline… Can we wear it?
8. Not really.
9. And this is just about the perfect asymmetrical coat/dress — what is this exactly?
A stain magnet with a butt-high hemline. Too bad.
11. And this is just wonderful.
But who knows if the butt part comes with stretch.
Goodbye, another dress of our dreams.
- Sean Spicer said "his intention is never to lie" as White House press secretary, after making false claims this weekend about Trump's inauguration.
- President Trump signed an executive order that bans foreign organizations that receive US funding from providing abortions.
- Democratic lawmakers say Trump's new hotel in Washington, DC, has lost over $1 million and violates its lease with the government.
- The all-day breakfast boom at McDonald's is over as sales fall for the fast food giant 🍳 📉