Anthony Vaccarello is the man responsible for slits in clothes that defy all logic and perhaps sanity.
From left, Anja Rubik at the Met Gala, Anne V at the Grammys, and Gwyneth Paltrow posing for Harper’s Bazaar.
The gowns seem to work by having lots of strategic elastic bands and underwear-like structures within. So Anja Rubik can go out and show her hip bone but not anything… southeast of that.
He also dressed J. Lo in this wackiness for the Grammys.
It carries the dubiously honorable distinction of looking at once incredibly comfortable and incredibly dangerous, both in the “is she going to flash us?” and “is she going to trip and eat it?” departments.
Overall, Vaccarello has a distinct, sexy, very cool aesthetic as a designer, producing the kinds of things every woman wants but pretty much no one with a semblance of a normal life can wear.
1. Take this dress. So hot that every woman wants it — but obviously no one can wear it.
Unless you really hate sitting down, maybe.
2. And this shirt made of washers worn under this blazer is completely amazing and sexy right?
It won’t look nearly as cool with an undershirt. Plus, as workwear? Your boss is shaking her head already.
3. And how fabulous is this?
Bye, underwear. Bye, baind-aid free ankles.
This does appear to have Rihanna written all over it, though. Which makes sense since she’s the queen of stuff everyone wants to wear but no one normal can(/should) wear.
4. More stunningly cool asymmetry.
But sadly, you’re just not going to go around like this.
5. Even this — so cool! High maintenance yet casual at the same time
With a vent made of washers right at the crotch area. So, there goes that.
6. This is like the best bathing suit cover-up ever made.
Because it is way to mesh to really categorize as cocktail attire. But it’s not a bathing suit cover-up so, no one can wear it!
7. This seems easier — not see-through, decent hemline… Can we wear it?
8. Not really.
9. And this is just about the perfect asymmetrical coat/dress — what is this exactly?
A stain magnet with a butt-high hemline. Too bad.
11. And this is just wonderful.
But who knows if the butt part comes with stretch.
Goodbye, another dress of our dreams.
- Donald Trump marveled at how "brilliantly" Hitler seized power during a 2000 visit to a Holocaust museum.
- It's not just you. A massive attack has brought down major sites like Twitter and Spotify for some users in the US.
- At least 26 people have been treated by medics after a chemical incident at London City Airport.
- People are trolling Eric Trump for apparently getting caught putting lemonade in a free water cup at In-N-Out.