10 Fashion Solutions For Paul Ryan — And Every Other Tall, Thin Guy Whose Clothes Don't Fit
Paul Ryan suffers from a common problem men with his tall, lanky figure have: his clothes make him look like he's drowning in a sea of fabric. You (or your boyfriends/husbands) can get avoid this with the right brands and a few simple guidelines.
After highlighting the problem of Paul Ryan's supersized suits and gingham shirts, his rep emailed, "The American people are asking, where are the fitted shirts?" Well, American people, I will tell you! Let's look at options by brand — American brand.
1. J. Crew: the Ludlow Suit.
3. Brooks Brothers: Extra-Slim Fit Shirts
4. Banana Republic Monogram
5. Ralph Lauren Custom-Fit Estate Shirts
6. DKNY Suiting
7. Jack Spade Shirts
8. Thom Browne Oxford Shirt
9. Hamilton Bespoke Dress Shirts
10. Shirts by J. Hilburn
Other Fashion Tips For Paul Ryan/Men With His Body Type:
• "Look for suits with slim lapels, higher arm openings, and a slightly shorter length," my menswear stylist friend suggests.
• Find a tailor. Nothing off the rack is going to fit perfectly. A good tailor can help with this and make anything you wear look instantly more refined/expensive.
• Find a custom suit maker in your area. While you can order custom suits online, as I said, it's always safer to just see a guy in person who can fit you properly.