So, you’ve survived the nightmare of flat hunting and you’re ready to move..
It’s the BEST thing that’s ever happened
But there are so many things your mates failed to mention…
1. That you'll hear weird noises you’re pretty sure are murders / orgies / yodelling, three nights a week
2. And that solid earplugs are an absolute essential
3. Particularly when your upstairs neighbours sound like they’re practicing the Highland Fling
4. No matter how many succulents you buy and forget to water, they’ll NEVER die
5. And your trendy flatmates will know places to buy a good cactus / concrete lamp / salvaged wooden pallet
6. At least one of your flatmates will always lose their keys.. and then lose the key tracker you bought them
7. You will find miscellaneous hair EVERYWHERE and no one seems to know where it comes from
8. You’ll get about one month before your flatmates realise you’re slowly stealing their milk
9. But they won’t care, because you’ll be the only one who ever takes out the recycling
10. And they all have really weird food habits that you’ll judge them for. Like putting piccalilli on everything. Even mash..
11. One flatmate will interpret “Cleaning the bathroom” as “Wiping the sink with kitchen towel”
12. You’ll feel a level of responsibility for the mice that live in your flat and treat them like they're in an Attenborough doc
13. And you’ll have to get used to your flatmate’s VERY eclectic taste in décor
14. Your landlord will only fix things which aren’t broken, 6 months after you’ve called them
15. And everything gets broken, goes missing, or falls out a window at a party, 90% of the time
16. But it doesn’t really matter..
17. Because you have your own place and you can buy EVERYTHING on Amazon
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!