1. Everyone knows leaving for college is a big change.
2. For many, it involves moving out of your parents' house for the first time.
3. But when everyone starts telling you how hard it will be to leave your family, no one tells you just how hard it is to say goodbye to your dog.
4. They don't even know where you're going!
5. What if they think you're abandoning them????
6. Your mom cried when hugging you goodbye, but you only have tears for your pup.
7. When you finally get to campus, the first few days of classes are dog-less and sad.
8. Soon you begin to feel separation anxiety, demanding to FaceTime your pup.
9. They hear your voice and wags their tail, but it's just not the same.
10. Depression looms.
11. You stroll aimlessly, close to a breakdown when you see someone bonding with their dog on campus.
12. You wish you could bring your dog to school.
13. Soon, the sad, dull feelings of missing your dog turn to impatience.
14. You want it to be fall break, like, now.
15. As the days to that holy vacation come closer, you imagine all the things you'll do with your dog when you see them again.
16. You think about sharing their dog bed at night or sitting on the floor while you eat your dinner.
17. Then, IT'S FINALLY TIME! You leave campus bouncing up and down with excitement.
18. As soon as the plane/train/car/bus drops you off near your house, you run as fast as humanly possible to your front door.
19. And just like you hoped and dreamed and wished and prayed for the first few months of school, your pup is waiting for you, tail wagging.
20. As you hug your dog and vow to never leave again, at least you know they'll always be happy to see you when you get back — no matter how long you've been gone.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!