1. Onions stored in pantyhose will last as long as 8 months.
2. Freeze green onions in a plastic bottle.
3. Get an ethylene gas absorber for the fridge.
4. Store delicate herbs like flowers, then cover with plastic, secure with a rubberband, and refrigerate.
5. Treat oily herbs differently.
6. If you use a lot of fresh herbs...
7. Use a vinegar solution to make your berries last longer.
8. Spray leftover guacamole with cooking spray before putting it back in the fridge.
9. Don't store onions with potatoes.
10. Store potatoes with apples to keep them from sprouting.
11. One rotten apple can spoil the bunch.
12. Add a dab of butter to the cut side of cheese to keep it from drying out.
13. More cheese rules:
14. Freeze and preserve fresh herbs in olive oil.
15. Follow these rules on where to place items within your fridge:
16. Store asparagus like cut flowers.
17. Wrap the crown of a bunch of bananas with plastic wrap.
18. This trick using a paper towel will keep your salad lettuce fresh all week long.
19. Wrap celery, broccoli, and lettuce in tin foil before storing in the fridge.
20. Mason jars are your friend.
21. Clean your fridge.
22. How to store tomatoes:
23. Reuse plastic bottles to close up your plastic bags.
24. Keep ginger in the freezer.
25. Roast nuts as soon as you get home from the store, then store them in the freezer.