1. Sure, being a brand ambassador can have its perks, like visiting cool cities...
2. Getting access to special events...
3. And, of course, there's all the free swag.
4. But it can also suck.
5. Why? Well, if you're not passing out cool swag, everyone will completely ignore you.
6. So you have to find "creative" ways to get people's attention...
7. But sometimes brands have specific guidelines when talking about their products, so instead of being like, "HEY! Do you want a free energy drink?" you have to be like, "We are offering complimentary drinks with ginseng and agave!" but nobody knows what the fuck that means, so you end up just standing there with your hand in a giant bucket of ice.
8. And when you ARE passing out cool stuff, it's sort of like feeding a hungry pack of wilds dogs.
9. If you work on a college campus, half of your time is spent documenting all the things you're supposed to be doing, so on top of hanging up stupid posters around campus, now you have to take pictures of those stupid posters.
10. And if, God forbid, you're working an event that involves getting people to sign up for something, 99% of your time will be spent trying to convince people that "there is no catch!" to putting all of their personal information on this piece of paper so they can receive a free hat.