1. Even we find some of the stuff we sell ridiculous.
3. We tidy the shop twice a day and it's the absolute worst because customers are messy.
4. In fact, we can’t go a shift without finding somebody’s empty coffee cup festering on a shelf.
5. There’s no pain quite like seeing your perfect aisle ruined just moments later.
8. Working in food retail at Christmas is literal hell on earth.
11. We spend a lot of time trying to look busy when customers are in our way.
12. Working on frozen is a form of torture.
13. But we do use the giant freezer in the warehouse as a quiet place when it all gets too much.
15. We’re trained to ask you if there’s anything else we can help you with, and we hate it when you say yes.
16. We really don't care about how many green tokens you take.
18. We spend so much time in Waitrose that visiting other supermarkets can be a culture shock.
Note: This post was written under a pseudonym.