1. 2016 hasn't been the easiest of years so far.
2. While most of us started the year with the most optimistic of hopes and dreams...
3. ...we were all swiftly brought back to reality when everything started inexplicably turning to shit around us.
4. Politics has taken on a complete mind of its own in America.
5. And nobody seems to really know what the fuck is going on.
6. Which makes the future seem pretty fucking bleak for a lot of people.
7. Meanwhile, politics in Britain hasn't been any better after Brexit.
8. And once the pound plummeted and the prime minister resigned, nobody knew whether to laugh or cry.
9. So everyone resorted to making memes instead.
10. Too many of the nation's favourites have been cruelly taken away.
11. And we all live in constant fear of who will be taken next.
12. 2016 is the year where it's completely fine to meet random people from the internet.
13. And even more fine to spend your time catching random animals on your phone.
14. (Even if it's a little bit shady.)
15. But most importantly, 2016 is the year where absolutely everything seems to be going tits up.
16. And no one knows what fresh hell it will bring next.
17. It's just one massively drawn out mess.
18. A slap in the face, if you will.
19. A broken socket in the circuit of life.
20. A really terrible TV show, perhaps.
Or like, a long, drawn out fart.
21. Or, quite possibly, the end of the world.
22. So sure, it's safe to say 2016 has been a ~little bit shitty~ so far.
23. But there's always the hope that it can get better.
And if not, there's always next year.