Make this epic treat with the full recipe below. Use the Instacart link above to shop for the ingredients. If Instacart is unavailable in your area, get the ingredients at your local grocery store.
Servings: 6 “Donuts”
8 cups popped salted popped popcorn
1 cup granulated sugar
⅓ cup of light corn syrup
1 cup cold water
1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons unsalted butter (½ stick) cut into pieces
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Coat a large heatproof bowl with butter, vegetable oil, or cooking spray, place popcorn in the bowl.
2. Place sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt in a medium saucepan and stir to combine. Place over high heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. Bring to a boil and cook, adding vinegar until mixture registers 260°F on candy/fat thermometer, about 5 to 7 minutes (should be barely tan color).
3. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla until melted and smooth.
4. Immediately drizzle sugar mixture over popcorn and stir continuously with a rubber heatproof spatula.
5. When popcorn and sugar mixture is cool to touch, form individual portions into a donut shape.
6. Decorate according to taste with melted chocolate, sprinkles, crushed peanuts, and more!
7. Place decorated popcorn “donuts” on a drying rack.