MAPLE BACON BBQ DIP
4 slices thick cut bacon, diced 1⁄4 onion, finely diced
18 oz quality BBQ sauce
1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1⁄4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1. In a medium saucepan, cook the bacon pieces until brown and crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel–lined plate. Reserve for later. Leave 1 tablespoon bacon drippings in the pan and drain the rest.
2. Add onion and cook on low heat until soft and translucent.
3. Add BBQ sauce, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
4. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and stir in reserved bacon bits.
BLUE CHEESE & BUFFALO DIP
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. flour
1 1⁄2 cups milk
1 cup pepper jack cheese
1⁄4 cup crumbled blue cheese, plus more for garnish 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
2 Tbsp. scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter and stir in the flour.
2. Cook gently on low heat 1–2 minutes, stirring constantly. Do not brown.
3. Pour in milk and whisk to avoid lumps.
4. Turn heat to medium and wait until sauce just begins to bubble.
5. Reduce heat to low and stir in the pepper jack and blue cheese in small handfuls, stirring to melt and incorporate.
6. Taste and add a small amount of salt if needed.
7. Remove from heat.
8. Pour into a small serving bowl.
9. Pour hot sauce over the top to create a pretty red layer.
10. Sprinkle with a small amount of blue cheese for garnish along with the scallions.
JALAPEÑO CHEESE DIP
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 jalapeño pepper, diced
1⁄2 onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1⁄2 tsp salt
8 oz cream cheese
1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
1 can diced green chilies
3⁄4 cup Monterey Jack cheese
1. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add a small amount of olive oil to lightly coat the pan.
2. Add jalapeño, onion, garlic, and salt, and sauté 2 minutes.
3. Add cream cheese, mayonnaise, green chilies, and Monterey Jack. Stir to combine and gently cook until melted.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.