1. If your timing is flexible, try to visit Hong Kong during one of its many colorful festivals.
2. Book your hotel in advance so budget won't get in the way of amenities.
Hotels like the W Hong Kong offer rooms starting around $350, and offer incredible amenities like the above view (!!). And dare we mention the infinity pool?
3. Forego the airport bus for a personal car pick-up.
Viator.com offers luxury car pick-up to hotels for rates as low as $50 a passenger — hard to argue with!
4. Wake up early to treat yourself to a spa service before a long day of work.
Many hotel spas open at 8 a.m. with pool facilities opening at 6 a.m. Spas like the OM Spa, tucked away in office buildings off busy streets, offer relaxation and rest-focused treatments.
5. Get a change of scenery after a long work day by shopping in Hong Kong's sprawling Temple Street Night Market.
This open-air flea market/bazaar offers anything from clothing accessories to antiques. Bring your haggling A-game!
6. Set some time aside in the evening to ride the tram and take in the view from The Peak.
The Peak, also known as Victoria Peak, is one of the highest points in Hong Kong and a popular destination from which to see the city center's dazzling lights.
7. Treat yourself to some of the world's finest dishes.
8. Or enjoy a more casual meal in a local housing estate.
Curry sauce squid, barbecued meats, and dim sum are just some of the treats you can expect to find in open-air dining areas among Hong Kong's housing estates. Oi Man Estate and Nam Shan Estate are most famous for their great food.