ONE-PAN ROAST CHICKEN AND VEGGIE BAKE
2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
3 cups chopped kale leaves
2 cups carrots, peeled and chopped
2 cups red potatoes, chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Salt and pepper to taste
½ gallon cold water
1 cup salt
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon rubbed sage
1. Preheat oven to 400°F/205°C.
2. Whisk together brine ingredients in a large glass bowl. Submerge chicken breasts in brine, cover, and refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours.
3. Toss vegetables, oil, and salt and pepper together. Spread evenly over the bottom of a baking dish, and top with brined chicken breasts.
4. Bake at 400°F/200°C for 45 minutes, then broil on high for 5 minutes, watching to make sure the skin doesn’t burn.
5. Set chicken aside to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. Use a slotted spoon to move roasted veggies to plates or a serving dish.