Chocolate Banana Bread Bottom Cheesecake
* Banana Bread
* 4 bananas, as ripe as possible
* 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 egg
* ½ cup sugar
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1½ cups all-purpose flour
* ¼ cup cocoa powder
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* ¼ teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1 cup chocolate chunks
* 32 ounces cream cheese, softened
* ½ cup sugar
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
* 1 cup milk
* 1 tablespoon gelatin powder
* Caramel sauce, for drizzling
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Banana bread: In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.
3. Add the oil, egg, sugar, and vanilla. Stir until combined.
4. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until just combined. Fold in chocolate chunks. Don’t over-mix.
5. Pour the banana bread batter into a greased 9-inch (22 cm) springform pan.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is set. Remove from oven and let cool.
7. Cheesecake filling: In a large bowl, add the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Beat with a hand mixer until combined.
8. Place chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until smooth. Pour melted chocolate over the cream cheese and beat with mixer again until smooth.
9. Microwave milk until hot. Add the gelatin powder. Quickly stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add gelatin mixture to cream cheese and whisk until smooth.
10. Pour the cheesecake mixture over the baked banana bread crust.
11. Chill for 3 hours or overnight.
12. Unmold the cheesecake, then slice and serve drizzled with caramel sauce.