14 People Who Should Never Be Allowed In A Restaurant Ever Again Because Of Their Petty Behavior
"The server dropped the food off at the table and 20 minutes later, they had it sent back because it was cold."
Here's what they shared:
1. "My favorite is when they find their own hair in their food. Girl with long blonde hair sent her food back once because she found a long blonde hair in her food. I am a male with short brown hair and the entire kitchen staff are Hispanic males with short black hair. It was...amusing to say the least."
2. "I had a group of 10 demand that all their food be compensated because one person found a piece of fuzz in their food. I get wanting the one dish redone or taken off, but all of them? The worst part is the owner did comp the entire group food and drinks."
3. "[A customer] sent it back because it tasted too much like garlic. He asked us to add 'extra garlic' even though it's not in the recipe..."
5. "'I didn't know the fish chowder would be so fishy.' This was in Nova Scotia. Fish to us is like beef to Texans."
7. "This lady wanted her steak 'butterflied' which means that the grill cook slices the steak a certain way and tosses it on the grill and cooks it to the temp you want. Anyways, lady wants it 'butterflied', no biggie. Once I brought it out, she flips her shit and was genuinely so mad that her steak did in fact NOT look like an actual butterfly."
9. "Had this older couple come in with their grandson. The lady ordered a steak and when all the food came out, her steak was overcooked [so she] asked for it to be re-cooked (a medium well steak). Had no issue with that. So I come back with the recooked steak and put it down and she's like, 'everyone is now done eating, I’m not eating that!' So I took it back and she didn’t eat anything else."
10. "The server dropped the food off at the table and 20 minutes later, they had it sent back because it was cold. Get off your phone then maybe it wouldn’t be cold."
11. "[I was asked to] garnish the plate and 'make it look cute so I can post a picture on Instagram'...during an afternoon rush..."
13. "I’ve had men send drinks back to the bar because they wanted it in a 'less girly glass.' Or a drink with a less 'girly' color. You can bet your ass we all made fun of that person mercilessly in the service aisle."
14. And finally, "A while back, this guy ordered sausage gnocchi and wanted to add a 6 oz salmon. After he finished nearly all of it, he called me over to complain that it was a terrible mixture and wanted a regular dish. I laughed at him because, well, I thought it was a joke."
Note: Submissions have been edited for length/clarity.