We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A pancake batter dispenser and mixer, a surefire way to get a perfectly portioned and well-mixed breakfast every time — without the heavy-duty cleanup.
Promising review: This is the best breakfast invention after the waffle maker. LOVE IT! As someone who makes pancakes or waffles three to four times a week (my kids are pretty spoiled, but breakfast is key to getting through the first part of the school day), this is the easiest and fastest way to get that done. I just add everything to the bottle, shake, and pour into the waffle maker or griddle. When I am done, just add some water, shake again, empty, and then place everything in the dishwasher." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
2. A manual food chopper so you can quickly and easily chop up fruits, veggies, and even ice in a flash.
It's also dishwasher safe (top rack only!) so cleanup is super simple.
Promising reviews: "Great purchase — believe the hype! Makes chopping up veggies super quick!" —Amalia
"This is great for cutting lots of veggies super fast. All you have to do is rough chop down your veggies toss them in and give it four to five pulls for perfectly diced chunks for salsa or toppings on eggs or tacos. It comes with a handy cover, too, so all you have to do is rinse the blade and toss the container in the fridge or cooler." —Kevin B.
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (also available in green and yellow).
3. Slow cooker liners that are amazing for quick and easy clean up! No more need for an intense clean or soaking overnight after every use.
Promising reviews: "I been using this brand for a while now... I own a Kitchen Aid slow cooker and this fits well over the ceramic pot. I cook many recopies on high, med, low, and keep warm. I use them all and this bag never fails me...With this liner, the cleanup is zero for the pot and you only need to wash your slow cooker lid. So easy and it's one of the greatest inventions. I'm new to slow cooking but have used this liners from day one. I would hate to clean a large heavy ceramic pot with food all stuck on the bottom. My worst nightmare. I give this product 5 STARS." —Triple Bogie
Get a box of six liners from Amazon for $3.18 (available in small or regular sizes and 5, 6, or 48 counts).
4. A set of silicone lids so you can cover up fruits, veggies, cans, and containers as is (that means no more going through messy Tupperware drawers AND way less dishes!). These lids help opened food last longer and are leakproof and microwave, freezer, and dishwasher safe.
Promising review: "I bought these to replace the lids on my Pyrex because they were all cracked. I have multiple sized Pyrex including rectangular ones. These lids are thin and stretchy which work perfectly around pretty much any dish. Even though they are all circular they stretch to fit the rectangular ones great!" —Matza
Get a set of 18 from Amazon for $13.99.
5. A microwave pasta maker for *super* easy and convient pasta dishes. Seriously, you're pasta will be cooked and ready to go in 15 minutes! You may or may not be using this every night from now on.
For the pasta lovers out there, here are some hearty five-ingredient pasta recipes to give a try, like pasta bolognese and creamy sausage and tortellini soup. Pro-tip: this microwave pasta maker works on lasagna and ravioli, too!
Promising review: "I love this microwavable pasta cooker. It's quick, convenient, less mess, and the noodles taste delicious...I highly recommend it." —Renee
"I hate to cook, if I can't nuke it I call Domino's... HATE to cook.. Really wanted spaghetti and really did not want to have to get out the big pot, water, yada yada, saw the reviews and figured what the heck, it doesn't cost much, I will give it a try...It works! I was shocked. Spaghetti is cooked just right, left it sitting in the water for a few minutes while I nuked the sauce (out of a jar of course) and it was cooked just right.. YEAH! Now I can have spaghetti without a big mess... Was very pleased!" —Blind Cat Rescue
Get it from Amazon for $17.99.
6. OR just a spaghetti measure if you're into making pasta the old school way, but need a more efficient (and accurate) way of cooking the right portions. Using this will give you the perfect amount, whether it's for date night or for a big dinner party. And the best part? No more food wasted!
7. An avocado slicer that makes splitting, cutting, and removing a pit seem like the easiest thing in the world.
This three-in-one tool can split an avocado with its pointy tip, remove the pit with its center, and make perfectly even slices with the bottom.
Promising review: "I’ve almost cut myself, or cut myself, too many times attempting to remove the pit of the avocado. And this is the best, most underrated tool ever. 10/10 quality, washes well in dishwasher. So easy to use and I promise you won’t cut yourself!" —Aly
Get it from Amazon for $11.95.
8. A handheld mixer complete with three different attachments for whisking, frothing, and blending. The design is fully electric with a copper motor, which means no tired arms when you're making your favorite meals. It also features an ergonomic, comfy, nonslip handle!
Reviewers use this handheld blender for everything from making salsa and soups to beating eggs and frothing milk for coffee! The possibilities are endless with this kitchen gadget.
Promising reviews: "I got this after my old stand blender burned out while I was grinding oatmeal. I thought a stick blender would be able to work through dry ingredients a little better and keep from overheating. I'm happy to say that is the case. This little thing is very powerful for its size and really chops whatever you set it to. Its easy to assemble, disassemble, and clean and works great... Some people have commented that you can only use this for a minute at a time, trust me that is plenty. It is meant to be more of a pulsing blender and you move it around enough that a minute of actual operation will likely work through whatever you are blending." —Clara
"I LOVE it! I've intended to get a hand blender for years and finally just did it. I looked at ones that were much more expensive and was worried that this would be cheaply made (because you often get what you pay for). However, I have been pleasantly surprised with this one. At 500 watts it has serious power and it is super easy to use. I made tomato soup and it blended it in under a minute, then I just popped the bottom off and washed it! Super simple. Super happy with my purchase!" —amazonaddicted
"Worked great, feels sturdy, took on boiling temperature to blend, but the top of the shaft stayed cool. Great buy!" —Nol
Get it from Amazon for $34.97.
9. A touchscreen air fryer for quick and delicious meals! With the help of 13 cooking modes, this Cosori air fryer can help even the worst of cooks make something great (like humming while you eat type of great). Reviewers rave about making everything from french fries to whole steaks and some yummy reheated meals in between.
Promising reviews: "I may never use a regular oven again! EASY, cleanup is so quick. It doesn’t heat up the kitchen. It’s safe! You can set it to cook and go do something else; however, it cooks anything in half the time... My #1 reason for wanting an air fryer is to cook chicken wings. It exceeds my expectations! #2 reason, 🍟 french fries. I’ve cooked steak successfully. I cooked bacon 🥓 today! ... The whole family loves the air fryer. I like this one because it has a square basket and holds quite a lot... This is the best appliance I have ever owned — what took me so long?" —Susan W.
"This air fryer is amazing! Oh my gosh I love it and use it all the time! I’ve done hash browns, O’Brien potatoes, chicken fried steak, chicken Parmesan, fried pickles, bread sticks, cookies, steak, French toast sticks, egg rolls — I have done so much and love it! Reheats food much better than a microwave also. Great buy and very easy to clean. The cookbook that came with it has many good recipes, have not made anything I didn’t like out of the little cookbook." —ReadMyLips29
Get it from Amazon for $119.99 (available in four colors).
10. OR a *compact* Dash air fryer that won't take up much space, but will still allow you to ~easily~ make (or reheat) some amazing meals.
Promising review: "Fantastic kitchen tool and well deserving of the hype. It’s helped me immensely when cooking meals in my kitchen, especially with side dishes such as brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and the ubiquitous fried potato. The Dash has removed all the stress of trying to get the timing right when preparing multiple dishes and cooks everything perfectly crisp on all sides. Getting tofu crisped has always been a struggle...but with this I’ve been able to get results that I’ve been trying for years...Highly recommended. It looks cool and doesn’t take up too much counter space either." —User of Consumer goods/bads
Get it from Amazon for $49.99 (available in five colors).
11. And some reusable air fryer liners because sometimes clean up is the most tedious part of cooking. These babies will make clean up a breeze, and because they're made of silicone, you'll get years of use!
Promising reviews: "I absolutely love these liners. I love the fact that you get three in the package so you don’t have to immediately wash the one you’re using before you reuse it you can just simply use one of the other two, this was a brilliant idea." —Roxanne C
"These are nice silicone liners. They fit our 5.8-quart Cosori air fryer perfectly. They’re easy to clean and can be washed in the dishwasher. They also make cleanup of the air fryer easier. They’re perforated, so you can still make food crispy." —Terry R. Nye
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $11.95 (available in 8.5 inch and 7.5 inch).
12. A hard-boiled egg timer that'll help make things a lot easier when you're in the kitchen. No more guessing whether it's enough time for the ~perfect~ boiled egg — this will ensure you get it right every time.
Simply plop the timer and the color of the timer will change to indicate how boiled the eggs are, so you know when it's time to take 'em out.
Promising review: "Is this 100% necessary? No...however, it does make one thing a little easier for me in the morning. Instead of watching the pot and waiting for the water to boil to start the timer you can just put the NobelEgg in the pot with your eggs, start the heat, and just wait for your eggs to be done. Can't wait to give some as gifts!" —BaileyBoo
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
13. Or a rapid egg cooker for quick eggs in tons of different styles: hard/medium/soft boiled, poached, scrambled — you name it! This gadget does it all EGGcellently.
It also features an auto-shutoff function! It can boil up to six eggs at a time, poach up to two eggs at a time, or make an omelet! There's a poaching tray, omelet tray, a six-egg holder tray, a measuring cup, a recipe book, and access to a recipe database. All nonelectric parts are dishwasher-safe!
BuzzFeed's own Samantha Wieder absolutely loves this egg cooker:
"I love cooking, I really do, but there are two very inconvenient times that my cooking laziness strikes, and that is first thing in the morning when I wake up, and at the end of the day when it's time for dinner. Thankfully, in the morning, I now have this rapid egg cooker which allows me to make soft-, medium-, or hard-boiled eggs, poached eggs, or an omelet, all without having to stand over the stove.
It's also a great way to whip up a high protein snack during the day when you're busy with work, school, or just in the middle of a very important Netflix binge. The egg maker will let out a sound when your eggs are cooked, and then all you have to do is enjoy them!"
Promising review: "I didn't believe the hype until I bought it for myself. My boiled eggs come out perfect EVERY TIME. Trust me this is not one of those kitchen products you buy to make life easier that just ends up sitting on top of the cabinet collecting dust. If you are a deviled egg / hard boiled egg / omelet lover, YOU NEED THIS." —M. Brown
Get it from Amazon for $16.99+ (available in eight colors).
14. A sous vide precision cooker to get restaurant-quality meals at home, minus all of the effort. This cooker can be controlled right from your phone and even provides update notifications from up to 30 feet away! Cooking has never been so easy.
The temperature range is 32–197 degrees Fahrenheit. Plus, you get access to over 1,000 recipes, so you'll have inspiration for yummy meals!
Promising reviews: "After years of hearing about how great sous vide cooking is I finally pulled the trigger on this unit and it really does live up to the hype. Super easy to set up and the app provides a ton of recipes to use." —PL
"Since I started cooking sous vide, my family says my cooking has gone to a new level. I started with the original Anova, and just recently picked up this Nano. The Nano is awesome because it's much smaller vs. the first Anova, making it easier to store in a drawer or something. It sounds trivial but by making it easier to grab. Setup is so much quicker, and I can cook a beef roast for 30 hours without adding ANY water. If you're just starting out in sous vide, I recommend this cooker." —Jeff Nichols
Get it from Amazon for $119+.
15. A rapid food slicer because individually cutting teeny tiny cherry tomatoes is definitely not a fun thing to do when prepping dinner. This makes it quick and easy!
P.S. it works for cutting bagels, chicken breasts, and cheese too! 👏
Promising review: "The Rapid Slicer is a fantastic addition to any cooks kitchen! It is an extremely high quality product that makes cutting so much faster. I really dislike making salad because of all the chopping. Now it is a breeze using the Rapid Slicer. I’m an economy Mom who will purchase meat in larger packages to save money. I use the Rapid Slicer to cut large chicken breasts, pork chops, etc. to make portion size cuts of meat. I don’t have a steady hand so my portion sizes used to be all over the place and now they are all even. I would recommend this product for all of the reasons." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $12.95 (available in four colors).
16. A Keurig K-Mini coffee maker so you can make a quick and delicious cup of joe before you start your day. Will you get up early enough to stop at the cafe? Debatable. But will you have an easy, single-serve coffee maker at home? Yep!
Promising review: "It’s the PERFECT size for my dorm room. Super pretty color and super cute. Nothing bad to say about this product. Shipped quickly and works great. Can’t wait for my 2 a.m. essay coffees with this bad boy!" —Mary
Get it from Amazon for $79.99+ (available in five colors).
17. An Instant Pot 9-in-1 pressure cooker because it really does it all. Perfect for those the cooks with limited space and even better for non-cooks with limited experience. It features 15 pre-programmed and customizable cooking settings for things as simple as soup or rice, to more complicated ventures like slow cooking and sautéing.
This Instant Pot happens to be a #1 best seller with over 36,000 5-star reviews!
Promising reviews: "I thought the hype was just hype, but this is the kitchen tool I didn't know I would love as much as I do. From frozen to cooked chicken while retaining more moisture than any other method I am used to using." —Amanda T.
"If you're wondering if the hype about instant pots is legit, I'm here to tell you that it IS and you need one. It's really helped me since I frequently forget to thaw meat the night before. Also, being able to throw everything in and have a fantastic white chicken chili come out in less than an hour, is just ideal... It came with a little recipe booklet, as well as a cheat sheet of reference times for cooking, which is hugely helpful, since I don't always want to Google for every single thing I cook. It works as a slow cooker, pressure cooker, has a saute function, can cook rice, make yogurt, steam eggs, and basically anything else you want. It's been helpful for me because I've been able to branch out into different meats that I might not normally have the time or know-how to cook properly. If you're stressed about safety, this is reassuring because the directions are very clear, and it locks in. I was really freaked the first time I used it, and knew nothing about pressure cookers or Instant Pots at all the first day....Anyways, the amount of cupboard space this takes up is worth it, and if we had a bigger kitchen I would leave it out all the time on the counter. I love it THAT much." —emrev
Get it from Amazon for $79.99+ (available in three sizes).
18. AND a very handy pressure cooker magnetic cheat sheet set complete with TONS of useful information like suggested cooking times, liquid ratios, and more. Cooking anything with an Instant Pot will be so much easier (and faster) with this!
Promising review: "I don’t have to guess, Google or YouTube to find out “how long” I need to cook the meat, beans, or vegetables. It’s great! It tells you how long to cook the meat if it’s raw or frozen. The size and amount is there also for the beans and vegetables! It’s easy to keep clean…… it’s laminated so you can wipe the splatters right off. Happy with this purchase." —Ms. Jedda
19. An automatic bread maker for those who still love their quarantine hobby but hate the time it takes. This bread maker handles the entire baking process from start to finish and allows you to make other things such as cake and jams. Yum!
This machine has 12 settings: French, quick bread (no yeast), sweet, 1.5-pound express, 2-pound express, dough, jam, cake, whole grain, and bake. It allows you to select your loaf size and between a light, medium, or dark crust setting. Includes an interior pan and two kneading paddles that are all dishwasher-safe!
Promising review: "The machine is perfect!!!! I already made two loaves of bread yesterday and am getting ready to make another loaf today. If you are lazy like me and would rather put all the ingredients into a machine and let it do all the work, this is the bread maker for you." —Pam Charmley
Get it from Amazon for $99.99.
20. A 5-in-1 water-saving colander and mixing bowl set that'd be the perfect addition to any kitchen because it makes cooking and draining things like pasta and veggies easier. The mixing bowl even has a super long pour spout, making it a go-to tool for baking.
Sooo, what exactly makes this beauty a 5-in-1? Well: 1. you can use it to rinse fruit and veggies, 2. you can recycle the water it saves for cooking or watering plants, 3. the included spout can be used to easily pour batter, eggs, and sauces, 4. use it as a mixing bowl, and 5. it's cute and sturdy enough to use as a serving bowl, too!
Goldune is a woman-owned small biz that was founded in Oct 2020 (yes, pandemic founded!). The site brings together various eco-friendly brands in the home, kitchen, and personal care arena making it easier to shop sustainably!
Get it from Goldune $42 (available in five colors).