1. An easy-to-use SodaStream for yummy, refreshing sparkling water whenever you want it! Not only are you limiting plastic bottle use, but you're saving tons of $$$ not buying cases of LaCroix every month 😅
The SodaStream also comes with a 60-liter Co2 cylinder and a one-liter BPA-free reusable carbonating bottle! Reviewers suggest also buying two CO2 cartridges and trying various natural fruit flavors to spice things up!
Promising review: "We are longtime Sodastream users...[it's an] absolute dream...easy to use, consistent, efficient. As good as the manual carbonator was this is even better. Just push the filled Sodastream bottle onto the One Touch, you don't even have to screw it in, hit the start button twice and in about 10 seconds you have a liter of fresh carbonated water. Can't emphasize enough how simple this is. We drink four or more liters of seltzer a day in the summer so this machine has gotten a fair bit of use since we set it up...100% reliable to date." —Tom Wolski
Get it from Amazon for $129.99 (available in black and white).
Check out BuzzFeed editor Abby Kass's full SodaStream review.
2. A terracotta bear that'll help maintain the moisture of your brown sugar, therefore keeping it fresh longer. It also works for fresh cookies, cakes, and marshmallows too! Simply soak it in water for 20 minutes and plop it into the sugar bag or baked good container.
BTW, you can also use the terracotta bear to keep things like chips and crackers nice and crispy — just use it dry!
Promising reviews: "This is truly everything it's hyped up to be. My husband placed it in an opened bag of hardened brown sugar to see what would happen. It took only 24 hours and when we opened the bag the next day, voilà! It was completely soft. Very nice product that does what it's designed to do and for a small price." —jsaves69
"[It's a] miracle bear! My brown sugar became as hard as concrete in the airtight container that we store it in. I heard that terracotta helped with keeping brown sugar soft over time and I decided to give it a shot. I definitely do not regret getting this little bear! I soaked it for 20 minutes and then pat it dry before I put in the container. I actually forgot about it for two days and...when I checked, the brown sugar was restored back to its soft and beautiful self! I highly recommend buying this bear. You won’t be disappointed! 🐻❤️" —KL
Get it from Amazon for $5.99.
3. A set of beeswax food wraps made from fully biodegradable organic cotton, jojoba oil, and tree resin. It'll keep your food fresh and lasts WAY longer than foil.
Bee’s Wrap is a woman-founded business that's been handcrafting their eco-friendly product in Middlebury, Vermont, since 2012. The company works closely with a number of environmentally conscious groups including 1% for the Planet, The Bee Cause, The Rozalia Project, and National Geographic.
Promising review: "This product totally lives up to the hype. I feel like I'm doing something positive for the environment by using it, and it works really well so far! I'll likely buy more." —Rachel A.
"Can't recommend these beeswax wraps enough. The antimicrobial aspect of the beeswax keeps fruits and vegetables super fresh for much longer than plastic bags. They keep bread soft and fresh for much longer than Ziplocs. They are so much better for the environment, and they can be reused for months. We have been using our set for almost two years and they are still as good as new. No waste! Just make sure to wash them with cool water, as warm/hot water will melt the wax." —Publisher
Get a pack of three from Amazon for $14.99.
4. A chic and compact Beast Blender that's just as useful as it is stylish. The ribbed design helps things blend faster and more smoothly. And bonus points for the matching to-go drinking lid and carrying cap that's included!
Promising reviews: "I’m not a person who typically writes reviews but I love this blender. It was exactly what we needed! It blends everything that our old blender struggled with. Smoothies have become so much easier and it looks so sleek. The controls are intuitive and the to-go container is so convenient! Highly recommend!" —Steph B.
"There are so many things to love about this blender! Its sleek design, quiet motor, and overall look makes you proud to place it on your kitchen countertop. The most impressive part of the Beast is its blending power. The one minute interval program is the perfect length of time to ensure all of your ingredients are fully blended, no need to shake the bottle or re-blend multiple times! Each time I've used the Beast I've gotten smooth, creamy smoothies that taste amazing. Highly recommend this to anyone looking for the perfect blender!" —Allison K.
Get it from Amazon for $155 (available in three colors).
Check out BuzzFeed's full review of the Beast Blender for more details.
5. A manual food chopper to quickly and easily chop up fruits, veggies, and even ice in a flash.
It's also dishwasher-safe (top rack only!) so cleanup is super simple.
Promising reviews: "Great purchase - believe the hype! Makes chopping up veggies super quick!" —Amalia
"This is great for cutting lots of veggies super fast. All you have to do is rough chop down your veggies toss them in and give it four to five pulls for perfectly diced chunks for salsa or toppings on eggs or tacos. It comes with a handy cover, too, so all you have to do is rinse the blade and toss the container in the fridge or cooler." —Kevin B.
Get it from Amazon for $17.43 (also available in green and yellow).
6. An oven scrub cleaner because its 100% natural and 100% tough on the stains that have been there for a little too long. No shame, but it's *definitely* time for a deep clean!
This oven scrub is made out of 100% plant and mineral-derived ingredients. To clean your oven, apply the scrub over the oven surface including the interior glass, scrub with a metallic or scouring sponge, then use a damp microfiber cloth to wipe the surface.
Everneat is a small business based in Fairfield, Connecticut that specializes in natural cleaning products and microfiber cloths.
Promising review: "This is the first time in my 50+ years that I have actually enjoyed cleaning my oven. And no, I am not joking! This product is effective, easy to work with, smells amazing, AND I only used a tiny amount of product!!! I don't think I could imagine a way to improve this product. Highly, highly recommend it!!! Well worth any wait." —Diane Coury
Get it from Everneat on Etsy for $19.99+ (available in plastic or glass jars).
7. An automatic spice grinder that can grind herbs and spices with just a push of a button. It comes with three spice pods that are easily interchangeable, making seasoning while you cook so much easier.
BTW, this grinder is battery-operated. Make sure to get a few AA batteries too!
Promising reviews: "Nothing like freshly ground spices to add a little snap to your cooking. The pods snap on and off with ease and the grind size is very easy to adjust from barely ground to pulverized... The ability to group commonly used spices together in threes and carry them across the kitchen or outside to the grill just adds to the useability." —Todd Tittle
"I love this thing!!! It works beautifully. I ordered more pods and trays so I could use my various salts. It's easy to switch pods and the triangular tray is perfect!" —cindybeadlady
"My sons bought me this set for a gift and I love it! I use this set every time I cook. I have arthritis in my hands that tends to come and go. The ease of use is fantastic. One handed wonder!" —MrsMcPatriot
Get it from Amazon for $59.99 (available in three colors, comes with grinder and three interchangeable pods).
8. A set of scratch-free, odor-resistant Scrub Daddy sponges because the results these babies provide deserve all the hype! This Shark Tank-featured product is made with proprietary foam, which is firm when used with cold water and soft when used with warm water. That means you are in total control with the type of clean you want and the amount of effort you want to put in.
Promising reviews: "Worth the money and hype!! I'm not one to hop onto trends but OMG I’m so happy I bought this!! It comes with three of them! They last a long time and they clean dishes and surfaces so well! It might look small but they are a great size (just add a bit of water)! Hot water is soft and cold water is for a hard sponge to get rough surfaces. Best purchase made!" —Aria Landa
"Believe the hype. It's better than I expected. I caved in to the web influencers and bought the Scrub Daddy, and was surprised at how much I use them and that they seriously work. No smells, rinse clean, no scratches and they dry fast. I bought the three pack and use one for the kitchen, one for the bathroom and one for my backyard furniture, bird baths, etc. They’re great and I will be buying more." —Tiger Essex
Get a three-pack from Amazon for $9.99.
9. An Angry Mama microwave cleaner that'll make it waaay easier to clean your microwave (so no more excuses!). Just add in water and vinegar, then put it in the microwave for 5-8 minutes. When it's done, just wipe clean!
Promising review: "I would give this product more stars if I could. I am a busy mom and my microwave often gets pushed to the end of my never ending to do list. So much so that I would have been too embarrassed to show anyone how gross it had gotten. I finally ordered this with the hope that it would at least help make the job a little bit easier. I was AMAZED! Seriously, the hardest part of the entire experience was trying to get the little mama’s head off to fill it and that only took a minute to figure out. I followed the directions carefully and then used a sponge to wipe off the grease and food bits. My microwave looks brand new. I will probably use a microfiber cloth next time though because the sponge pushed the mess around and wasn’t needed to scrub at all... If you dread cleaning your microwave order this, I’m telling you it really does work wonders!" —MJ
Get it from Amazon for $8.99 (available in four colors).
10. An Instant Pot 9-in-1 pressure cooker because it really does it all. Perfect for those the cooks with limited space and even better for non-cooks with limited experience. It features 15 pre-programmed and customizable cooking settings for things as simple as soup or rice, to more complicated ventures like slow cooking and sautéing.
This Instant Pot happens to be a #1 best seller with over 36,000 5-star reviews!
Promising reviews: "I thought the hype was just hype, but this is the kitchen tool I didn't know I would love as much as I do. From frozen to cooked chicken while retaining more moisture than any other method I am used to using.
" —Amanda T.
"If you're wondering if the hype about instant pots is legit, I'm here to tell you that it IS and you need one. It's really helped me since I frequently forget to thaw meat the night before. Also, being able to throw everything in and have a fantastic white chicken chili come out in less than an hour, is just ideal... It came with a little recipe booklet, as well as a cheat sheet of reference times for cooking, which is hugely helpful, since I don't always want to Google for every single thing I cook. It works as a slow cooker, pressure cooker, has a saute function, can cook rice, make yogurt, steam eggs, and basically anything else you want. It's been helpful for me because I've been able to branch out into different meats that I might not normally have the time or know-how to cook properly. If you're stressed about safety, this is reassuring because the directions are very clear, and it locks in. I was really freaked the first time I used it, and knew nothing about pressure cookers or Instant Pots at all the first day....Anyways, the amount of cupboard space this takes up is worth it, and if we had a bigger kitchen I would leave it out all the time on the counter. I love it THAT much." —emrev
Get it from Amazon for $84.99+ (available in three sizes).
11. A touchscreen air fryer for quick and delicious meals! With the help of 13 cooking modes, this Cosori air fryer can help even the worst of cooks make something great. Reviewers rave about making everything from french fries to whole steaks (and some yummy reheated meals in between).
Promising reviews: "I may never use a regular oven again! EASY, cleanup is so quick. It doesn’t heat up the kitchen. It’s safe! You can set it to cook and go do something else; however, it cooks anything in half the time... My #1 reason for wanting an air fryer is to cook chicken wings. It exceeds my expectations! #2 reason, 🍟 french fries. I’ve cooked steak successfully. I cooked bacon 🥓 today! ... The whole family loves the air fryer. I like this one because it has a square basket and holds quite a lot... This is the best appliance I have ever owned — what took me so long?" —Susan W.
"This air fryer is amazing! Oh my gosh I love it and use it all the time! I’ve done hash browns, O’Brien potatoes, chicken fried steak, chicken Parmesan, fried pickles, bread sticks, cookies, steak, French toast sticks, egg rolls — I have done so much and love it! Reheats food much better than a microwave also. Great buy and very easy to clean. The cookbook that came with it has many good recipes, have not made anything I didn’t like out of the little cookbook." —ReadMyLips29
Get it from Amazon for $119.99 (available in three colors).
12. OR a Dash compact air fryer that won't take up much space, but will make (or reheat) some amazing meals.
Promising review: "Fantastic kitchen tool and well deserving of the hype. It’s helped me immensely when cooking meals in my kitchen, especially with side dishes such as brussel sprouts, cauliflower, and the ubiquitous fried potato. The Dash has removed all the stress of trying to get the timing right when preparing multiple dishes and cooks everything perfectly crisp on all sides. Getting tofu crisped has always been a struggle...but with this I’ve been able to get results that I’ve been trying for years...Highly recommended. It looks cool and doesn’t take up too much counter space either." —User of Consumer goods/bads
Get it from Amazon for $49.99 (available in five colors).
13. An automatic bread maker for those who still love their newfound quarantine hobby but hate the time it takes. This bread maker handles the entire baking process from start to finish and allows you to make other things such as cake and jams. Yum!
This machine has 12 settings: French, quick bread (no yeast), sweet, 1.5-pound express, 2-pound express, dough, jam, cake, whole grain, and bake. It allows you to select your loaf size and between a light, medium, or dark crust setting. Includes an interior pan and two kneading paddles that are all dishwasher-safe!
Promising review: "The machine is perfect!!!! I already made two loaves of bread yesterday and am getting ready to make another loaf today. If you are lazy like me and would rather put all the ingredients into a machine and let it do all the work, this is the bread maker for you." —Pam Charmley
Get it from Amazon for $89.99.
14. A Keurig K-Mini coffee maker so you can make a quick and delicious cup of joe before you start your day. Will you get up early enough to stop at the cafe? Debatable. But will you have an easy, single-serve coffee maker at home? Yep!
Need some coffee to go with? Try this variety pack of 60 K-Cups ($36.99) or these reusable K-Cups ($12.95) for a low-waste option.
Promising review: "It’s the PERFECT size for my dorm room. Super pretty color and super cute. Nothing bad to say about this product. Shipped quickly and works great. Can’t wait for my 2 a.m. essay coffees with this bad boy!" —Mary
Get it from Amazon for $59.99 (available in five colors).
15. And Cleaning K-Cups because these pods are the easiest, fastest way to give your Keurig the clean it deserves so you can go back to enjoying your favorite hot beverages!
To use, place one of these cleaning pods like you would any other K-Cup and brew one large cycle.
Promising review: "We’ve had our Keurig for a few years, and with the exception of using only filtered water and dispensing hot water every so often, we’ve never cleaned the needle or K-Cup area. I used three cleaning cups back to back and WOW our machine was dirty! I'm so happy I purchased these! I’ll be keeping up on cleaning these more often." —Heather Garcia