1. Okay, so, in this modern age, there are things we know about food that we may not have known 50 years ago.
2. There are things we probably shouldn’t eat.
3. There are things we probably shouldn’t eat as much of, like butter, red meat
4. We now think about #meatlessmonday.
5. But this shouldn’t make you upset or sad.
6. Because there are still so many delicious things to eat that are good for you too!
7. One of the best ways to cook healthier food is STEAM.
8. You could steam in a pot or pan…
9. Or in one of these things…
10. Or in the microwave…
11. OR you could try one of these three ways to make the most impressive and coolest steamed foods.
16. Steam “en papillote” (in parchment) if you want to see jaws drop.
No, really, you will be blown away by the sensory assault of opening up a parchment parcel of freshly steamed food.
17. Keep in mind: Steaming isn’t just for vegetables!
18. So, get creative with your techniques, have fun with your food, and do something that is good for you!
And, to sign up for an exclusive preview of Alta Editions’ new cookbook, The Journey, visit altaeditions.com
- The death toll from Italy's earthquake rose to 247 people amid efforts to dig out residents still trapped in rubble.
- Brexit leader Nigel Farage drew parallels between British citizens' vote to leave the European Union and some Americans' support for Trump.
- WhatsApp will start sharing your account info with Facebook. You can decline the new policy, but must opt into it first 📲😵