1. The International Quidditch Association (IQA), sponsors the real-life version of the tournament. It's exactly like the fictional sport... minus a few exceptions.
2. Fans of the series will certainly enjoy seeing the sport come to life, browsing merchandise booths, and watching entertainment acts.
They may even get to see a little cosplay.
3. But it’s not just for Harry Potter fans. If you like co-ed, full-contact sports, you’ll probably like quidditch and IQA World Cup VII is the best place to see it.
4. It’s the biggest event of the year for one of the fastest-growing intercollegiate sports that’s more popular than you might think.
This year's event will feature 80 of the top teams and there are 300 over real-life quidditch teams around the world.
Literally around the world. They just had an exhibition match in Uganda.
5. The players aren't just a bunch of scrawny nerds running around on brooms. These athletes mean business.
6. There will be Snitch shenanigans galore.
Snitches are amazing. They dress in yellow and have a tennis ball tucked into a long sock sticking out of their shorts and will do (almost) anything to defend it.
7. Last year, the Longhorns from Texas Quidditch took home the title of Quidditch World Cup Champions in a spectacular final match against UCLA.
You can find more information, purchase tickets, and get a link to a live stream at the IQA World Cup VII website.