Since you live on this planet, it’s highly likely you’ve contributed to Marvel’s latest blockbuster opening weekend as Captain America: The Winter Soldier sits pretty on top of the box office with a $96 million domestic haul. Chris Evans reprises his role as the titular Captain of Great Abs and Scarlett Johansson aka Black Widow kicks even more ass than she did in 2012’s The Avengers. Hindsight is a glorious thing, you see, because the first time Evans and Johansson graced a screen together was a total disaster. In 2004, The Perfect Score, produced by MTV Films, earned a 17% Rotten Tomatoes score and took in $10.3 million in theaters. Okay, so, the film isn’t exactly critically-acclaimed, but you should still give it a chance because why wouldn’t you want to watch Steve Rogers and Natasha Romanoff interact in high school?
3. Bryan Greenberg’s hair was so 2002.
But I’ll never stop loving you, Jake Jagielski.
5. It’s kind of like The Breakfast Club, except it’s a teen heist comedy and not a classic John Hughes film.
6. “SAT” could stand for any of the following: Suck Ass Test, Secretly A Tease, Sick And Twisted, Stoned And Toasted.
11. This Dawson’s Creek reference.
Matty (Greenberg): So you’ll help us, then?
Francesca (Johansson): Um, no.
Matty: Why not?!
Francesca: Well gosh, Pacey, maybe I don’t think you and Dawson can pull it off.
12. Pretty much any scene with these two.
Matty: Don’t worry, it’s not like I’m going to look at your underwear.
Francesca: Who says I’m wearing any?
14. Leonardo Nam’s stoner Roy is a hilarious narrator and gets a verbal lashing from Desmond’s (Darius Miles) mom.
16. Sibling bonding with the guy that played Shaggy in the Scooby Doo movies.
17. It’s so cute how worried they look about stealing the answers to the SAT.
Logically, it wouldn’t make sense to steal the answers to the SAT since every test is different. But that’s Hollywood for ya.
18. The soundtrack includes music by Afroman, The Foo Fighters, American Hi-Fi, Lil Jon, Simple Plan, The Ataris, and Fefe Dobson.
21. Foreshadowing #1: Scarlett imagines herself as a badass secret agent clad in black leather… Sound familiar?
23. Basically The Perfect Score is awesome and you should watch it because this was the start of a beautiful friendship between two of the world’s most attractive people. Yep.
- For the second day in California, protests against Donald Trump grew heated as demonstrators briefly overcame a police barricade.
- The U.S. Navy will now let sailors wear neck tattoos and sleeves, in an effort to maintain its appeal among young people ⚓️
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯