We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A 2-in-1 Lay-n-Go makeup bag which ingeniously fans out into a durable, machine-washable mat, so you can actually lay out all the products you need without having to rifle even a little bit.
Promising review: "As an avid traveler with a lot of cosmetics and moisturizers, I had to resort to using plastic Ziploc bags to hold it all because my pretty carriers just took up too much room in my carry-on bag. This is so wonderful to just loosen it and place it on the hotel counter and everything is there and can be easily organized for my stay. When ready to leave I just tighten the strings! Plus it makes the hotel bathroom look so much more organized rather than my placing the items on one of their hand towels on the counter. Kudos on an awesome product!" —Customer
Get it from Amazon for $19.95+ (available in three sizes and 23 colors).
This is also on our list of travel products for your next flight!
2. A clear makeup bag with a secret brush compartment on the bottom that'll be an unspeakably improved upgrade from any Ziploc bag or run-of-the-mill clear pouch.
Promising review: "I have been using this for a couple of months and I love it. It fits everything you need, it’s the perfect size, it fits a huge amount of stuff but is not too big or heavy. I love that it’s transparent cause it makes it easy to find things, but my favorite is the bottom pocket where you can fit the brushes. I used to have to carry two different bags. With this one, I only carry one thing. It’s amazing. I love it!" —Adriana Rodriguez
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in two sizes and seven colors).
3. A Beis makeup bag featuring a magnetic brush holder, a removable mirror, and an indestructible, spill-proof lining rife with viral TikTok moments — see: literally curb-stomping a blush inside and then wiping up the mess, no problemo.
Promising review: "I love my new makeup travel case! It holds everything cosmetic-wise that I would ever need to travel with and has great accessories. The magnetic brush holder is so nifty and the included mirror is great in a pinch. The outside of the case is a vegan leather that is smooth and soft to the touch. But the wipe away material on the inside of the case was the feature I was most excited about (just in case makeup were to spill inside), and it works wonderfully! I accidentally knocked a coffee across the desk I was using, and it of course got all over my open makeup case. Luckily, the material wiped clean easily and now is as good as new! I couldn’t say the same for my exposed makeup however haha. Although a little pricey, I believe this case is durable and will last a long while!" —Cierra P.
Get it from Beis for $68 (available in two colors).
Check out more TikTok-famous beauty products here!
4. A travel makeup bag you won't believe is so affordable for how much better it makes your life. The zip-out brush compartment reveals an extra pocket for some travel-size goodies.
Promising review: "Been using this makeup bag for about 6 months now. I've used 20+ makeup bags and this is by far my favorite! Everything stays organized and it's very easy to access. I usually open it from the front and access everything from there. It is very easy to see everything and has eliminated frustrating moments when I'm in a rush. I also love it because it's a soft and flexible structure which makes it easy to pack in a suitcase when space is limited. It's holding up well. If it ever fails, I will definitely buy another one. That's how much I love it!" —NYC mama
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in two sizes, with a zip opening or wire-frame opening, and 11 designs).
If you need some ideas, check out some travel-size beauty products that are suitable for carry-ons!
5. A compact travel makeup bag small enough to throw in a backpack. It's ideal for separating your makeup products from those brushes that you haven't washed in years (or, let's be honest, ever) thanks to the bottom compartment.
6. A travel makeup bag giving off designer handbag vibes with the creamy faux leather construction, but with the added functionality of a wire-frame opening and a built-in zippered brush compartment.
Promising review: "I love how mature this looks; it is perfect for traveling for work and feels classy. I love that the top stays open so I don't have to dump everything on a towel on the hotel bathroom counter. The pockets inside help keep things neat and I can fit all my brushes I need underneath. The only thing I don't like is that you can't access the bottom pocket while the top is open (which I knew when I bought it, and if you could the brushes would be less secure and protected). I love this bag and have recommended it to other people I work with. Would definitely buy again." —MissMattie
Get it from Amazon for $23.99 (available in four colors).
7. A small makeup bag with a deceptive amount of compartments, mesh pockets, and elastic brush slots for the size, so even if you're a makeup maximalist, you'll be able to pack light every time.
Promising review: "I bought this makeup bag almost a year ago, and I still use it on a daily basis. I'm the type where I make last minute plans, go away for the weekend on a minute's notice, and I can easily throw this bag in a suitcase, backpack, my car, and have everything ready to go. The brush holders on the inside easily fit all the brushes I need, and the detachable mesh insert holds all of my fundamentals. It won't hold a large eyeshadow palette (I usually use the NAKED palettes and that won't fit easily) but it'll fit smaller and individual palettes no problem. Also, if you're like me, usually my makeup bags get so dirty on the inside from brushes and accidentally opened eyeliners. I haven't had a single issue with this bag. Everything has a place, so nothing has the chance to break or crumble. Not to mention it's good quality! No tears, rips, problems with the zipper, nothing in an entire year. This bag is reliable and worth the buy! As soon as the one I have wears out (which doesn't look like it'll be for a while) I'm buying another!" —Tawny Gorbutt
Get it from Amazon for $6.79+ (available in 10 colors).
8. A Sonia Kashuk makeup bag in a sleek black design you can tote around wherever you go and look like an absolute travel pro.
Promising review: "I’ve had this for almost a year now and it is one of the best purchases ever. It’s so practical. I have two littles and when I don’t have time to get ready before we leave for school in the morning, it’s nice to have everything conveniently in one bag. There’s a compartment for brushes/tweezers etc, then a bigger compartment for all of your makeup needs. You can easily fit a brush, and extra accessories in it as well." —MWhite24
Get it from Target for $19.99.
9. A leather makeup bag that'll be the classiest accessory by your side as you jet-set around the world, because life is too short not to travel in style.
Drina Crafts is an Etsy small business based in Romania started by Drina, a mother of two who designs and creates high-quality leather bags.
Promising review: "Simply stunning!!! Can't imagine I came across this 'must have' bag, it's beautiful and well-made, has an expensive look, and holds all my beauty treats. It's very neat, but can I tell you, it holds a lot! Instead of having my beauty products scattered in my bag, they can all be fitted in this. Shipped from Romania to UK in no time. I definitely recommend this shop because of its good craftsmanship and attention to simple detail. It's leather, so I'll have it for a long time! Love, love, love!!!" —LoveMyself
10. A travel makeup organizer including three mesh organizers for the purist who likes their liquid foundations and powder foundations to have their own designated space.
Promising review: "I wanted to visit this in person before buying, and it was a pretty easy sell. The quality is great (well worth the price) and the size is just right for pretty much everything I have, including my fairly sizable go-to palette. I really like that you can take the inside bags out and fill the base compartment if needed (or swap in and out depending on what you need); so it's almost like three bags in one." —widgetoc
Get it from Ulta for $28 (online only price; originally $40).
11. A travel makeup bag any makeup artist would be proud to carry, featuring deeper, adjustable compartments that can fit all your essentials, not just some.
Watch this TikTok of this travel makeup bag in action!
Promising review: "AWESOME. I read a million reviews and tried to make a subjective choice before I commit...this one was dead on. I put my makeup on in the car and often tote my makeup bag wherever I go. This saves me time by keeping my makeup organized! The dividers are sturdy and moveable, the material on the bag would definitely be waterproof and easy to wipe foundation or any other dirt off the outside or inside. It's also padded in a sense, so it would be great for travel and you could even put perfume in it and I'm sure it wouldn't break. EVERY PENNY WORTH IT!" —Kristin
Get it from Amazon for $19.98+ (available in four sizes and 15 designs).
12. A compact travel makeup bag that will survive TSA, the most violent of suitcase smashings, and any number of transfers in and out of your carry-on, all while keeping your Nars Orgasm blush in pristine condition.
Promising review: "I got the small bag and love this for travel or everyday touch-up items. It's doesn't fit a lot of makeup so getting travel size products will help a lot. I've always used a big bag of makeup for traveling and end up not using it. It's always annoying because I'm stuck carrying it around if I'm moving around cities or towns. I have to be very precise with this bag about what I bring. This bag fits all the brushes I need. All in all I recommend this bag, if you need more space the bigger version will definitely fit your needs." —Arleen
Get it from Amazon for $18.99+ (available in four colors and two sizes).
13. A triple-zip compartment hanging makeup bag with a deceptive amount of storage space, so if you can't decide between a few products and your entire makeup drawer, now you don't have to!
Promising reviews: "I saw this on TikTok and purchased it for my trip! Got back home and use it in my own bathroom. I love it that much! Best Amazon purchase I’ve ever made!" —Amazon Customer
"I bought this bag specifically for when I travelled across the country with my two small children. One of whom is a medically complex child. I put ALL of my toiletries, ALL their toiletries, and ALL of my son's medications in this bag. Everything fit perfectly, and nothing was broken. The hanger is durable and carried lots of weight when it hung on the back of the bathroom door. I bought the largest size, and it was 100% worth what I paid for. If you are traveling by yourself, I would recommend the smaller size. But if you are packing for others or just pack heavy, definitely buy the larger size. I absolutely loved it! And it was very compact in my suitcase. Very sturdy as I carried it. I HIGHLY recommend buying." —Hannah Funderburk
Get it from Amazon for $24.39+ (available in two sizes and three colors).
14. A clear makeup bag to end all clear makeup bags if you're not a light packer by any means, and your epic makeovers require two ginormous compartments and an interior mesh compartment to be contained.
Promising review: "The quality is AMAZING! I travel with a lot of beauty supplies and I was able to condense my personal items from two separate bags into the one. My items are easily accessible and fit nicely in the two sections as well as the one smaller pocket. Love the bag!" —Leah S.
Get it from Calpak for $75+ (available in mini and regular size, and five colors).
This is also on our list of travel toiletry bags if you're also looking for those!
15. A travel makeup case equipped with five interior pockets, two exterior zipped pockets, and supreme flexibility so you can fold down the sides and see everything your collection has to offer.
Etoile is an Asian woman-owned small biz based in Melbourne, Australia creating beauty organization solutions.
Promising review: "Great makeup bag. I love all the separations inside the bag plus two zippered pockets on the outside for brushes and pencils. Big enough for moisturizer, primers or whatever. Highly recommend." —Sharron S.
Get it from Etoile for $75 (available in three colors).
16. A quilted travel makeup bag with enough storage room for even your most jumbo eye palettes, not to mention pockets for your lucky brushes and a protective double-layer structure.
Promising review: "I am so obsessed with this product! It is the perfect size for travel, yet it still has enough room for everything I need! At the top zipper, it perfectly holds all of my brushes plus a pallete I have! The large compartment is good for almost everything else. There's a small zipper I put my bobby pins in, I put my nail polishes in the side pockets, and all of the rest of my makeup has its own personal spot! It helps me be so organized, it is PERFECT! It also is super cute to travel with too!" —D. Cates
Get it from Amazon for $32.95 (available in two colors).
17. An adorable makeup pouch available in over 20 eye-catching designs if you need something quick, easy, and versatile you can grab for your next impromptu weekend away.
Promising review: "I loved this bag y’all, I got the blueish one and it’s a pretty good size, maybe a little bigger than a makeup bag. It’s double sided, so on the outside it’s soft blue but on the inside it’s sturdy beige canvas. The colors go super well together. Also the zipper is super sturdy, I pack it full of my skincare stuff (it’s a lot of heavy smallish bottles) and the zipper has yet to even split or anything. There are no pockets on the inside but I still find it super useful. If you use makeup and want to use this bag for that, even though makeup is notorious for making a mess of the inside of a bag, it washes pretty well without shrinking too. I washed it in a washing machine and let it air dry and it was good as new. Good impulse Amazon purchase, everyone needs a good makeup bag." —MES
Get it from Amazon for $9.99 (available in 25 designs).
18. A travel makeup bag that's incredibly Instagrammable courtesy of the pastel, leather-like exterior and gold hardware, in addition to getting your makeup out of whatever crusty receptacle you've been touting thus far.
Promising review: "Perfect size for a carry-on, weekend bag, or holding makeup daily. Fits all my makeup, face products, toothpaste, etc. perfectly!!! I’m so happy it all goes into one. The dividers are changeable which was super convenient. Love the light blue color too and the brush holder." —Jennifer
Get it from Amazon for $28.99 (available in seven colors).