We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A mini backpack reviewers absolutely love for its adjustable straps, surprisingly large capacity, and vibrant colors reminiscent of more expensive bags.
Promising review: "I bought this bag originally for a vacation/cruise over a year ago. I was looking for a bag that was smaller than regular school backpacks but big enough to fit enough stuff for walking all day. Let me tell you, this bag was exactly what I was looking for! To this day, I still use it for my vacations, hikes, and beach days. I am able to fit my planner, pens, wallet, sunglasses, and three bottles of water in the big pocket as well as keys and other smaller stuff in the front pocket. There is also a little pocket in the back :) highly recommended!" —SimplySammy
Get it from Amazon for $27.99+ (available in 23 colors).
Check out this list for more backpack purses you'll love.
2. A square mini backpack great for any city slickers who want a purse replacement that's functional but still super chic — the unique square silhouette is the ultimate accessory.
Promising review: "I was looking for a small backpack purse and this is perfect! I love that the material is easy to wipe and I've also put it in a laundry bag and put it through the wash on gentle and it's been fine. It's the perfect size for me! I'm petite and don't want to be overwhelmed by my bag. The black is perfect and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it." —M2lbc
Get it from Target for $25 (available in six colors).
3. A North Face mini backpack with an external compression bungee system to keep everything in place, making this the ideal backpack to hit the trails or the books!
Promising review: "This is the perfect backpack for me. I use it for pretty much everything. Work, school, as a 'purse,' for day trips, etc. I am a small person, 5'3" and 115 lbs, and I have back and neck problems and this backpack is so lightweight, it doesn't bother my back and neck at all. It holds my wallet, sunglasses case, tablet, kindle, two phones, keys, and a water bottle all comfortably. I will be purchasing another just so I have a backup. I don't think I can live without this backpack anymore." —Alexis
Get it from The North Face for $59 (available in eight colors).
4. A Vans mini backpack so adorable and tiny I want to pinch its cheeks and put it in my pocket for later. Speaking of pockets — this has exterior zip ones for maximum convenience.
5. A Jansport mini backpack that's an adorable half-pint version of their classic backpack, so you can feel like you're a wee schoolchild again. Better hurry or you're going to be late! Oh wait, you're an adult now.
Promising review: "Love this little backpack! I am not a fan of purses but still have stuff I wanna carry so I really favor mini backpacks. I’ve gotten some cute ones over the years but they all seem to be built for fashion, not function. I found that so many of the zippers would break if I put more than a wallet and a pack of gum in them! This little backpack fits a good amount of stuff (traveler's notebook, long wallet, small pouch, external battery pack, and a couple of other small items) and the zipper is holding up very well. My water bottle doesn’t fit with all the other items but I can easily loop it onto one of the straps when I want to have it with me but still be hands free. I like the little pouch in the front as well to quickly toss small items into when needed. Overall love this product! Plus I love having a mini version of the Jansports that I’ve used all my life! 🖤" —carly d
Get it from Amazon for $25+ (available in four colors).
6. A bow knot mini backpack that looks like something a Disney princess would wear if she needed to take a day trip, but didn't want to bring a full size backpack or lug around a purse.
Promising review: "I was looking for something that could work as a purse and a mini travel bag and this was perfect. It's sturdy and is made of thick material. I like how the clips and zippers are metal and not cheep plastic. The front pocket is the perfect size for holding little things. The bag is the perfect size for holding my journal and wallet. Worth every penny!" —Grace Dickerson
Get it from Amazon for $19.99+ (available in seven colors).
7. An adorable Sailor Moon mini backpack you'll love to the moon and back, since you'll be transported to your middle school (or current) anime-obsessed era every time you put it on.
Promising review: "When I saw there was a restock for this bag, I screamed! I was so excited to finally get my hands on it. It’s much more beautiful in person than in pictures. It’s not too big and not too small. Just the right size for me. Definitely recommend everyone to buy it!" —VeeDee
Get it from BoxLunch for $55.93 (originally $79.90).
8. A Herschel mini backpack that's just what you need while traveling so you don't have to worry about wrangling a purse or tote when you're supposed to be ~living in the moment~.
Promising review: "I bought this backpack to be hands-free while traveling with my dog. It fits my laptop, all my flight essentials, and my dog's supplies without being a large backpack and feeling bulky. I now use it as his 'park backpack' so that I'm hands free while roaming with him, and it's great. I've also used this while flying for weekend trips and it fits my laptop, makeup bag, and flight essentials with room to spare!" —Haley
Get it from Amazon for $39.99 (available in three colors).
9. A Gymshark mini backpack ideal for carrying your gym gear in style — no one will ever suspect your sweaty socks are radiating nuclear waste in here because it's so chic! Problem solved.
Promising review: "Exactly what I was looking for, just the right size, small enough but also large enough for me to use as a gym and walking bag. Love the little hidden pocket external pocket — good size for keys, gym pass, keycard, or stashing some cash." —Lori
Get it from Gymshark for $21 (originally $30; available in six colors).
10. A convertible mini backpack you can wear as a chic top-handle purse or crossbody bag, so technically it's like buying three bags for the price of one (and a very affordable one, at that).
Promising review: "I’ve never been a huge purse/bag owner but I purchased this purse that doubles as a small backpack. It is versatile where you can use it as a crossbody, backpack, and an off the shoulder. It’s compact but has more than enough room for my phone, keys, wallet, and more. I also get a lot of compliments on the color and style as it looks high end. Very affordable and has a great look!" —Christian bell
Get it from Amazon for $23.99 (available in 11 colors).
11. A faux leather Calpak backpack with a handy luggage sleeve and plenty of depth (but not too much depth that it doesn't fit under your plane seat), basically destined to become your most loyal travel bag buddy.
Promising review: "This is the best everyday backpack. I use it to go to commute around the city. Fits an 11-inch iPad Pro with ease. Love the travel slip through on the back, works great as a personal item on a flight." —Mirtha R.
"I didn’t think I was going to love this as much as I did! it survived being stuffed under a seat as a personal item, sand/beaches in Oahu, light rain, wet hair + red hair dye and carrying a ton of stuff without losing its integrity!!! The most amazing thing was that no matter how much stuff I packed in it, I never really noticed a difference when wearing it which is rare in a backpack. LOVE THIS. So happy I got this on sale!" —Christine D.
Get it from Calpak for $80.75 (originally $95; available in three colors).
13. A Carhartt mini backpack you'll realize is almost too functional the moment everyone you're traveling with asks you, "Can I put this in your bag?"
Promising review: "This is the perfect size. It's small, but not too small. It holds my phone, wallet, cash, and small knickknacks. It is missing outside open pockets, but it has one outer zippered compartment and one inside zippered mesh pocket. The main compartment does not spill its contents when the zipper is open. That's a big problem with some purse backpacks. I really like this one." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $34.99 (available in four colors).
14. A fuzzy, grumpy Care Bear mini backpack you might not need for international travel, but you definitely need for emotional and spiritual purposes.
15. A splurgey leather mini backpack with a PERFECT 5-STAR rating on Nordstrom (!!!), so rest assured you're purchasing the white whale of mini backpacks.
Promising review: "I love this mini backpack. Just the right size for all my must-haves for a day out. The color is FABULOUS! The quality of the bag is superb." —GanGan
"The size of this mini backpack is perfect. Just big enough for wallet, phone makeup bag, and any small add-ins you need for the day. And it looks amazing! I love everything about it!" —Ruby
Get it from Nordstrom for $295.
16. A clear mini backpack for any festivalgoers or outdoor concert junkies for whom getting through security as fast as possible is of the utmost importance, as well as being able to see all your rave essentials with ease.
Promising review: "I bought this solely so I could take it to Sofi stadium to watch BTS. They did check my bag because I had a smaller pouch inside with period stuff but I went through security very quickly. I wore it in line for 2.5 hours and it was pretty light. I could fit my light stick, batteries, granola bars, two water bottles, batteries, and a medium sized portable charger. I put it under my seat at the stadium and it wasn’t in the way at all. Very handy and durable enough that it definitely lasted the rowdiness at the concert and a late night exploration for food in Inglewood. Exactly what I needed!" —Kat
Get it from Amazon for $17.99+ (available in six colors).
17. A mini diaper bag made to withstand the trials and tribulations of taking care of a newborn — it has eight pockets, a matching changing pad, and a rubber base to protect it from... life's surprises.
Itzy Ritzy is a family-owned small biz offering all kinds of baby gear and new parent necessities.
Promising review: "I was gifted the mini for my baby shower by my SIL (who was also pregnant and went out and bought one for herself) and it was one of my favorite presents! I love how stylish it is without knowing it's a diaper bag! It's small but it's mighty! I can fit everything in it with some extra space left. It's got huge cup holders on the side that fit my huge water bottle which is a big plus for me. The quality is amazing, I even use this bag as a purse when I run out without my babe. You know you want it and I'm telling you you need it. Buy it now!!!" —Sarah Y
Get it from Itzy Ritzy for $89.99 (available in seven colors).
Check out this list for practical parenting products our team owns and loves.
18. A quilted mini backpack that will have you ditching your purse immediately in favor of the two-strap life because it's just so freaking convenient and comfortable.
Promising review: "This backpack was just what I needed on a recent trip. It has lots of zippered compartments inside and the outside had compartments that were very convenient. It's size is just right for your necessities with plenty of room to put the extra things you purchase. It is nice looking, sturdy, lightweight, and the adjustable straps are comfortable. I like the zipper on the back where you can put your wallet and other valuable things. After looking at many backpacks, I am very happy that I purchased this one." —Lee Ann
Get it from Amazon for $22.88+ (available in seven colors).
19. A sportswear Nike mini backpack made from 50% recycled materials and featuring some sick chain detailing that will officially make you the coolest person on your morning commute.
It also comes with a cute logo accessory bag you can clip onto the backpack.
Promising review: "Was a bit hesitant on buying this because of the high price point BUT it’s honestly totally worth it. The bag fits my 11-inch iPad Air with case + space for a few other daily/day trip needs. The material is great for wet weather and the side pockets are big enough for large bottles or anything else really. PLUS the hidden zipper in the front makes access to my wallet so easy and SECURE. The little detachable pouch is useful for quick stuff like hand sanitizer and lip balm and such. Overall very satisfied with my purchase." —C H
Get it from Nike for $90 (available in four colors).
20. A mini backpack with so many cool features I can't list them all. But here goes nothing: two water bottle pockets, layflat opening capability, waterproof exterior, internal mesh pocket, padded laptop sleeve...
Baboon to the Moon is a small biz creating fun, functional adventure gear from high-quality materials.
Promising review: "So much to love about this bag — for being a ‘mini’ it fits a surprising amount of stuff! So many bag companies make side pockets too small but these actually fit a 24 oz. water bottle. Love the small top pocket for keys/chapstick, anything you need to grab quickly. The fact that the main compartment opens so you can access the entire bag is just perfection. This one is a winner!" —Natasha T
Get it from Baboon to the Moon for $89 (available in nine colors).
21. A Dagne Dover sling backpack with one strap you can slip on with ease and be on your merry way, and ample room to stuff all your essentials (plus some essential nonessentials) inside.
Promising review: "This is my second purchase from Dagne Dover and it did NOT disappoint. Not only is it super lightweight, but the shoulder strap is SO comfortable. There’s so many different compartments to organize your things. I actually recently took a trip to Disneyland for a few days and this bag was truly a lifesaver." —Julissa J
Get it from Dagne Dover for $145.
22. A mini diaper backpack because, as a busy parent, you simply do not have the wherewithal to go to the bathroom by yourself, let alone lug around a bulky bag that only drags you down.
Petunia Pickle Bottom is a small biz creating diaper bags and accessories for seamless, exciting outings with your little one.
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE this bag! The color and lining are just darling! You don’t have to worry about the light color, because it wipes clean so easily. I have the matching Meta, so my daughters can match me which is so fun, but I can also use it for quick outings or even as my purse. It’s such a great and versatile size!" —Emilia
Get it from Bed Bath & Beyond for $74.99.
23. An Adidas mini backpack that will absolutely knock the job out of the park when you're in need of a good old-fashioned tiny bag moment, whether for fashion or function.
Promising review: "Best mini backpack I’ve ever owned! And I’ve owned a lot of them lol. It’s a little addiction I have haha, they’re the perfect type of purse. But this one though?! Is the best! Not only because of it being Adidas but the inside is so spacious. Fits so much more than you’d expect. The way it’s designed with the flat edges and a little bit of stiffness to it, makes it great for compartmentalizing! Looks great, and feels great when wearing it. I mean it’s just so damn CUTE and functional! What more do ya need? Buy it NOW." —Lannie Jolaine
Get it from Amazon for $22.93+ (available in 13 colors).
24. An iconic Fjallraven mini Kanken backpack you see absolutely everywhere, but for good reason, since the quality simply can't be beat.
Promising review: "Originally used the big backpack for school and absolutely loved it but wanted a smaller size to take with me to run errands. It has a super convenient size that perfectly fits phone, glasses, wallet, and keys!" —kels0001
Get it from Urban Outfitters for $70 (available in six colors).