We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of space-saving hangers that can hang horizontally or vertically, giving you more closet space than you'll know what to do with (buy more clothes, probably).
Promising review: "Absolutely great product. I have five of my heavy coats on one hanger and IT'S NOT EVEN BOWING!!! Incredible! Just plastic but works great! I'm so tired of rooting through my closet! This saves me so much time and energy." —Kelsey
Get a set of 12 from Amazon for $11.99.
If you love this, check out more closet products that keep all your stuff easily visible!
2. A set of heavy-duty shelf dividers you can simply slide onto your shelves so all your piles of sweaters aren't toppling over onto one another and absolutely ruining your vibe.
Promising review: "I'm so glad I found these dividers. Because of the size and orientation of my closet, I prefer to put my jeans and leggings on the shelves, but this can cause the closet to look messy. These little beauties not only divide my clothes in neat columns, but they allow for more items than undivided stacking would accommodate. They're easy to install and are much sturdier than I expected. Definitely one of the most useful products that I've purchased for my home." —Pandora
Get a set of two from Amazon for $12.99.
3. A closet organizer with a hanging garment rod you'll thank your lucky stars you bought on a whim every time you walk into your closet in a rush and find exactly what you're looking for.
Promising review: "I wish I'd ordered two instead of just the one. It gives me more space in my somewhat small closet. Sturdy and the compartments are roomy enough for several items on each one. I have hats on one, sweaters on another, even have a couple of purses on the other space. The rod at the bottom has sweats and jeans hanging on it. Worth the price!" —CANON - KS.
Get it from Amazon for $17.93+ (available with three or four shelves).
Speaking of — here are more time-saving products to help you get the most out of your day.
4. A set of magnetic-closet drop-front sweater boxes for all the bougie souls out there who want to treat their belongings like they deserve to be treated — like they're exquisitely decorated cakes in a storefront window.
Promising review: "I saw these beautiful sweater boxes the first time I was in the Container Store but I didn't get them. I never forgot them and purchased 10 this week. I wish I hadn't wasted so much time and money on other sweater organization methods before I finally tried the BEST...these! They are so classy and look sleek in your closet for your sweaters. I had mine jammed into ugly unfortunate plastic bins before. No more. Now my beautiful garments get the respect they deserve nestled beautifully into these attractive gray boxes. And I adore the front open magnetic feature which gracefully closes and opens with ease. I am thrilled with my purchases! Oh and I also discovered that you can store other items beautifully, too. I had a throw pillow that I wanted to keep dust free and nice! Perfect! And you could also store seasonal items in it during the off-season like mittens and gloves, scarves. Love love love. Now I need more. :) Highly recommend to all!!!" —anonymous
5. An adjustable-length hanging closet organizer with up to six pockets, and if that's not enough, there are two handy pockets on the exterior for any knickknacks you can't be bothered to organize.
This organizer can hold up to 60 pounds, and can also be adjusted to have between four to six shelves.
Promising review: "I used this to augment closet storage space along with two other pieces from the same company. All of them were fantastic! If I had taken a 'before' photo I would have died of embarrassment. My closet looks tidy, organized, and custom made. I almost hired a closet designer (for about a thousand dollars) but thought I'd take a chance on these pieces. I could't be happier with this purchase!" —Pamela222
Get it from Amazon for $29.99+ (available in two sizes and three colors).
6. A four-section hanging closet organizer featuring a built-in garment rod that will make you slightly angry at how simple, but wholly effective it is at transforming your closet.
Promising review: "I’m a college student so I don’t get much closet space. This saved me a lot of space considering I could hang my pants, skirts, and dresses and fold everything else. It’s sturdy and I love it. I was scared to buy it at first because the picture makes the metal seem weak and flimsy but it’s actually really strong." —Jen
Get it from Amazon for $29.10.
If you love this, check out some other things to help make space in your closet!
7. A hanging double closet rod quite literally doubling your closet space by making use of all the vertical empty space. Not to mention it's fantastic for converting children's closets into something more accessible for them to reach!
Promising review: "This is sturdy and lightweight. This closet rod doubled my available space in seconds. There is plenty of space on the top rod for longer shirts and tops and shorter ones fit perfectly on the lower rod without touching the floor. Plus, hangers stay in place and don't slide to one end or the other based on how heavy items are, and so far the rod hasn't sagged or bowed at all. And I have all my sweatshirts and heavy fleece jackets on the bottom rod. Space will obviously depend on the height of the closet rod you hang this from, but I would highly recommend this for anyone with need of more closet space!!" —CCBunE
Get it from Amazon for $22.99.
8. A six-hook closet hanger that folds conveniently into the wall, and can support up to 12 hangers — that's 12 less bulky items of clothing cluttering up your already screaming-for-help closet.
Promising review: "I had one of these in my other home in the laundry closet. Loved it and the fact it folds back to the wall when not in use. Not shabbily made. Grateful to be able to order another one without having to go into some brick and mortar store. Highly recommend for any closet, bathroom to hang clothes to dry, or laundry room. I would give 10 stars if that option was available." —BullCityNana
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
9. An expandable closet shelving set if you're freshly moved into an apartment and have no idea how or where to start making use of the space; thankfully, this guy will do all the hard work for you!
Promising review: "Moved into a new home and the closet needed big help. I never buy wire units because I think they look flimsy and cheap. Due to budget constraints and intrigued by the installation video, I gave it a shot. Very pleased! Sturdy and pretty easy to install. Created the configuration I wanted specifically for my closet. Looks far better than imagined. Extremely functional and actually takes up less space than the wood type closet inserts I've used in the past leaving more room for my things. Love it!!" —Jeanne, PDX
Get it from Amazon for $74.67+ (available in two finishes and five expandable sizes, starting from 2' to 10').
10. Or, if you prefer, a more platformcentric wire closet system with adjustable rods and shelves, so you can customize it completely to fit your space, whatever state it's currently in.
Promising review: "This was perfect for our small space! Sturdy and sleek. We added some baskets to the middle three shelves on each side and have both bars about half full and it has had no issues at all holding everything, which I was nervous about. We only have one tiny closet in our home — this fits perfect along one of our bedroom walls and actually looks pretty cute too. Definitely buy this if you’re considering it!! Can’t beat the price for the space it saves AND is so easy to put together!!" —krenee
Get it from Target for $135 (available in two adjustable sizes, from 4' to 10').
11. A four-drawer closet dresser ideal for storing socks, undies, and other smaller items you reach for on a daily basis but just never got around to actually organizing.
Promising review: "New home has built-in closet systems, tried to add in a set of drawers to the walk-in closets. Cost was almost $500 per set. A friend suggested these, so I ordered two of them. They were easy to assemble, very sturdy and look great in the closets. They actually look better then the ones the closet system sold. I liked them so much, I ordered another one for the third bedroom." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $174.14.
12. A Yamazaki purse organizer if ceasing your bag addiction simply isn't an option, so naturally one must turn to the next best thing: a nifty organizer that might actually free up some space in your closet. Go figure!
Promising review: "I like that not only does this purse organizer free up a lot of shelf space, but having them hanging keeps handles from getting bent out of shape. There are several options included for hanging: over a door, attached to a wall, or hanging from a closet rod, and there’s the possibility of getting more if your purse collection grows! I attached mine to a wall inside a closet I use for shoes and it fit perfectly." —Barbara Douglas
Get it from Amazon for $28.99 (available in two colors).
13. A hanging shoe organizer that's so much more space-efficient and easy to use than a clunky shoe rack or shoe closet taking up more real estate than necessary.
Promising review: "They were very easy to hang — literally, they have hooks, you just unfold them and hang them. They don't take up a whole lot of space and give the closet a clean, organized look. We bought two for my husband's shoes and they work well. My husband put them in toe to heel, the way shoes come in the box. I'm thinking of purchasing more to reorganize my shoes." —MaryH
Get it from Target for $19.
14. A storage cube set you can stack any way you want, so if you have an inexplicably-shaped slash tiny closet you've given up on organizing, let the cubes give you hope anew 🙏
Promising review: "I can’t say enough good things about this product. A great option for adding storage in my walk-in closet without breaking the bank. It’s very easy to assemble. It took me about an hour to put together the nine cubes. They are very sturdy and could easily contain books and shoes, although I just need them for clothing." —Suzanne
Get it from Wayfair for $40.99 (originally $47.18).
15. A set of durable hoodie hangers solving the age-old problem of what to do with your hoodies — too bulky to fold, too slippery for a hanger, but super easy to just perch onto these handy clip-on hooks!
Venalli is a small business based in Overland Park, Kansas, designing these unique hooks as well as original hoodies.
Promising review: "These are so awesome! My teenager has a habit of breaking regular hangers when getting their hoodies off of them, so I wanted to try these out. Only bought a set of 5, but I will definitely be buying more when it gets closer to winter. Great quality and such a unique design, these are just perfect!" —chuutena
16. A hanging closet organizer whose adjustable elastic loops can easily accommodate your emotional support t-shirt collection that was previously causing your dresser to be so full you could barely close it anymore. Up to 20 of them, in fact!
Promising review: "The Roll Keeper is so cool! My work often gives me T-shirts and my drawers were getting out of control and we have a lack of closet space, so these are the greatest to help keep them organized and free up extra space for other things. They are very well made and sturdy. I am definitely buying more for all of my leggings too. I also love that they are made in the PNW!" —Laura Simpson
17. A closet shelf system that comes with an easy-to-install system that involves zero drilling, screwing, or anything else hazardous for a first-time DIYer and/or certified lazy person like me.
Promising review: "I never write reviews — I'm so impressed with this system I had to tell others! First I have no shelving in any closets. I could measure, drill holes, and do all that but the reality is it is too time-consuming and I wasn't into the repair in my walls if I made a mistake the traditional way. Welcome, this easy, portable, changeable, free standing system!!!!! This fills the space just right and I was able to maneuver it around easily within the space — even if I could find shelving that would fit it would be very hard to assemble inside! I did this all by myself. I'm not worried about the stability since it is a small area inside an enclosed space. It wiggles a little but it's been three days and I keep adding stuff to the shelves and NO problems!" —Nikki
Get it from Amazon for $109.85.
You, planning your solo dance party in all your new closet space:
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.