We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A teensy Adidas crossbody bag ideal for festivals, amusement parks, or anywhere you need your full range of moving and grooving and don't want to be lugging around a big, heavy purse.
Promising review: "I absolutely love this crossbody. It's cute and it’s big enough to carry the major essentials you need for on the go. I can fit my small wallet, iPhone 11 Pro Max, car key fob, lip balm, hand sanitizer, and a hand cream with some room to spare. This would be great for amusement parks or concerts, somewhere where you don’t want to carry your regular handbag around but still need to carry essentials. I’m 5’8" and it sits right at my hip." —Quen C.
Get it from Amazon for $20.27+.
2. A fringe crossbody bag that won't be a tassle to carry around, especially since it's so fashionable and also comes with a wrist strap so you can convert it to a wristlet or clutch!
Promising review: "I LOOOOVE this purse so much! I usually hate purses but I love how compact this one is. It's the perfect size. My iPhone 7 fits perfectly, along with my tiny card case wallet, some lipstick, and any other small, random things I need to carry. I'm a plus-size lady and crossbody purses have to be a certain length to work properly. This one actually hangs in the right place and the length is adjustable! The fringe has lasted over a year without losing ANY strands. I love the inside details like the striped fabric and the little pockets (one with a zipper and one without). I've used this purse for over a year and it's just now starting to wear a little bit, which is impressive for the price! Seriously, if you're considering buying this product, you won't regret it!" —FearLizz
Get it from Amazon for $17.95.
3. A zippered quilted crossbody bag with multiple interior compartments that might actually keep you organized so it doesn't become the dreaded abyss where all your lip glosses go to die.
Promising review: "I have many designer purses and this $18 purse is among my favorites. It is small (but not micro) and it holds a lot. I am able to get my keys, card case, mini makeup bag, and my 6 inch Kindle in the three compartments. It will fit an eyeglass case. This seems like a durable little purse. The plastic leather is thick and the shoulder strap is sturdy. The three zippers are large, smooth, and well made. It's a perfect purse to use for quick errands or to take on vacation. Use this darling bag when you don't want to ruin your real leather purses when it is snowing or raining. Honestly, for the price, you can't go wrong." —LAR
Get it from Amazon for $18.98.
4. A Quince crossbody phone bag made out of real Italian leather, featuring an adjustable strap and snap closure for those days when the essentials are all you need.
"I just bought this bag for my spring park visits. It'll store my shades, phone, AirPods, and wallet without feeling bulky or weighing me down. Quince has so many chic, yet affordable options for every part of your life. They're becoming one of my favorite brands." —Christine Forbes
"This is the perfect little bag. The quality of the leather is amazing. It holds my phone, cards, lipstick, earbuds, and tissue pack very easily. The adjustable strap is wonderful for my shorter stature. Great for wandering around the festivals and fairs that are resuming this year. I am so pleased with my purchase and now, will order one for my persnickety sister!" —Diedra M.
Get it from Quince for $59.90.
5. A Western-style black crossbody that looks like you could throw it over your shoulder, swing onto the back of a horse, and ride off into the sunset with all your belongings intact and at the ready.
Promising review: "This bag was very functional with its many compartments. I took it to a festival and it went perfectly with my outfit, and above all else was comfortable to wear. It is soft vegan leather and doesn't look cheap at all. I am very satisfied with this purchase and will be using this purse often. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a small, cute bag that is very functional." —akssomebody
Get it from Amazon for $23.99.
6. A vegan moon-shaped black crossbody so functional and cute you'll refuse to go anywhere without it... like your emotional support bag, if you will.
Promising review: "Love this bag. It is the perfect size and is soft to touch, but well structured. It looks expensive! So many people ask me where it's from. I love it most as a crossbody bag and have used the other black strap and other straps as well. It's perfect for a quick grab and go bag, which is great for a busy mom like me. Amazing buy!" —ncldelmonte
Get it from Anthropologie for $78.
7. A JW PEI crossbody that looks like a a designer bag you shelled out hundreds for, but that you'll get a lot more wear out of (without fearing for your bank account).
JW Pei is a Buzzfeed fave small biz that's family-owned and Asian-owned. They offer super luxe vegan leather bags and accessories.
Promising review: "This is such a great purchase! I love everything about this purse, everything from the straps to the sturdy exterior. I bought this purse because of the review that I read. It looks very expensive, which is what I was aiming for (an elevated appearance). The purse is very small, not much at all can fit inside, but that’s OK it’s elegant and I pack essentials only and remove my drivers license and credit cards from my 'main wallet' and place it in the zipper portion of the purse. You won’t be disappointed." —Grace1
Get it from Amazon for $64.99.
8. A no-nonsense black messenger bag capable of holding all your stuff in addition to the neverending items that ensue from everyone else asking, "Can I put this in your bag?" Yes, yes you can!
Promising review: "This is a beautiful, practical purse. The fabric has a sheen similar to satin and the hardware is lovely also. It has a really long crossbody strap that makes putting on and taking off easy for my arthritic joints. I ordered the large size and am glad I did. It easily holds what I had been stuffing into my old leather purse. And, it is so lightweight that, even with all my stuff loaded in, it weighs less than the old leather one does empty! It has more pouches and pockets than I know what to do with. It also is large enough to carry my Fire tablet and the bluetooth keyboard for it when I need to take computing power with me. I am overjoyed and pleased as punch." —Okie CatFan
Get it from Amazon for $21.99 (available in two sizes).
10. A patent leather black crossbody that is embodiment of the flame emoji, especially if you think your outfit is in need of some oomph to make it a little more ~dangerous~.
11. A triple-zip black crossbody bag you'll insist on bringing with you, even if all you're carrying is single lip balm, some spare change, and a dream.
Promising review: "This crossbody bag is the perfect size. It’s not heavy. It stands up to daily use and it has the perfect amount of zipper pockets! I love that the pockets all zip for security of my wallet, iPhone, AirPods, tissues, lipgloss, numerous bits of this and that! Three pockets and they are quite enough...the length of this bag is long enough to get my big wallet slid in plus my phone. There is a zipper pocket inside too plus a couple of pockets without a zipper. The inside is striped black and white....meaning you can see your things in there! The zippers are gold toned. I love it and HIGHLY recommend!" —Loral Liming
Get it from Amazon for $19.99.
12. A Carhartt crossbody messenger bag that will stand the test of time, because, well, Carhartt, and you have things to do and places to go and you need your bag to be able to keep up.
Promising review: "This is an awesome durable purse. Lays flat against your body and perfect for running errands, walking around, or anytime you need your hands free and don’t want to carry a bulky purse. The black goes good with everything, they do have three to four other color options. This purse is the same one you will find there and you don’t have to leave your house to get it. The material is durable and feels just like their jackets do." —Nicole
Get it from Amazon for $30.66.
13. A mini Kate Spade crossbody satchel you can wear multiple ways, all of which give off elite "I-have-a-very-important-meeting-to-attend" vibes.
14. A super unique Beis crossbody bag made for traveling to exotic locales and also your trip to the deli — it's just that kind of functional you'll want to take everywhere.
Beis is an Asian woman-owned business and travel brand founded by actress Shay Mitchell.
Promising review: "The color looks exactly like it does in pictures. I absolutely love how it’s a fashion purse but also as a mom it’s very functional at the same time and I feel like that’s something I always struggle with when buying something and this covers both! The side pockets inside actually fit my large iPhone and I love it because most side pockets inside purses barely fit more than a chapstick. I love, love, the tiny detail that went into this. The little knot ties on the strap of the purse make it more fashionable than just a plain strap on a purse and then the trolley pass through pocket on the outside of the purse is perfect if you travel with it! I absolutely can’t say enough good things about this. Very happy with it." —Abbi B.
Get it from Beis for $68.
If you love to travel, check out these weekender bags for your next trip.
15. A black crossbody that's also a wristlet, clutch, and all-around adjustable and star of the show you can rock even if you've got work in the morning and the club at night.
Promising review: "I have bought hundreds of purses, wristlets, bags, and other iPhone accessories over the years, never quite finding the right one. THIS IS IT! I can throw this in a tote when I'm carrying a lot of junk and use it as a wallet, and then just slip it out of the tote and use it as a crossbody bag that fits my license, a few cards, cash, a pair of glasses (readers or sunnies), and my phone! It's so light that I forget I have it on. The strap is thin and light so it doesn't bother my neck at all. The crossbody strap can be interchanged with a wristlet strap, but I think the purse is just a tad too large for a wristlet, so I just use the long strap. The leather is soft and supple, so I expect this bag will last me years even with daily use. It's small and understated. I wouldn't wear it for a formal evening, but for everyday, it's so unassuming that no one notices that it's a bit more on the casual side." —eview99
Get it from Amazon for $23.99.
Check out even more bags that are perfect for any occasion.
16. A mini black bucket bag sure to garner tons of admiring stares and compliments from strangers and friends alike. Just be sure to tell them also that it's made from completely upcycled materials!
Hyer Goods is a woman-owned small biz that makes leather accessories from deadstock and factory scraps.
This was Buzzfeeder Chelsea Stuart's review:
"I just bought this purse for myself and I love it SO much. I was looking for a high-quality bag that wasn't too flashy but had a little somethin' somethin' to it and the croc-embossed leather really nailed that for me. What I really love, though, is that the brand — Hyer Goods, a woman-founded small biz — uses all sustainable materials including leftover deadstock leather from other producers. This prevents *tons* of perfectly good fabric from being sent to landfills every month and means no extra greenhouse gas emissions are required to create their materials." —Chelsea Stuart
Get it from Hyer Goods for $195.
17. A classy black crossbody that proves that good things come in small packages — and that sometimes the package itself is the best thing!
Promising review: "This purse was perfect for my Walt Disney World trip! I was looking for basically a crossbody wallet that would hold just my money and phone, and this ended up being exactly what I needed! I love how it completely zips up under the flap so I felt like my money and phone where always secure at all times. My iPhone fit perfectly inside one of the zipper pockets and it was small/light enough to wear crossbody without it bugging me! It also is the perfect size to wear on rides or throw in a larger tote while traveling in an airport. Definitely recommend!" —Emily
Get it from Amazon for $22.99.
18. A black diaper bag designed to hold all your tot's poopy essentials while also looking like something could you wear out to a fancy dinner, a feat once thought impossible until now.
Itzy Ritzy is a family-owned small biz offering all kinds of baby gear and new parent necessities.
Promising review: "I have been through SO MANY diaper/purse/bags trying to find one I actually want to reach for... my boys are two and four, so I don’t need a ton of stuff everywhere. I still keep my diaper backpack in the car, but I have found the Double Take to be my go to bag! For me it holds: package of travel wipes (handy for diaper changes, runny noses, spills and more), a diaper for my youngest, spare underwear for my oldest, the changing pad (it comes with it!), my zip wallet, my iPhone X Max, chapstick, hair binder, keys and an emergency fruit snack! I could add more to the 'mama' side, like more makeup/small Kleenex pack or something of the like, but I’m fairly minimalist so just the essentials are needed! This bag is beautiful! I’m a yoga pants and easy top kinda mama and this spices up my standard wardrobe. It makes me feel just a bit more fancy! It stays on the shoulder well, has eight different size possibilities on the shoulder strap. It is well made and soft. Zippers are heavy duty and should hold up to lots of use. If you need a stylish, everyday bag that you’ll want to use, get the Double Take!" —KFrederickson
Get it from Nordstrom for $79.99.
You, after finding your black bag soulmate:
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.