1. A squashy barrel chair that swivels and looks so darn comfy your pets might even stake their claim. Its round shape deviates from the angular look of most chairs and furniture, which will add a distinctive flair to your boudoir.
2. A classic papasan chair that is as cozy as it is timeless. Just imagine yourself snuggled up in this thing with a blanket, a cuppa, and a book (or your phone, let's be real) — heavenly!
3. A faux leather chair for a bit of business casual ~pizzazz~, taking your bedroom from slobbish den to classy and sophisticated "remote workspace" with a single purchase.
Promising review: "I love these chairs. They were easy to put together and VERY comfortable. I have a shedding dog and can't have fabric chairs. These wipe up easy peasy. Classy, too. Can be used in a living room and around a table. Legs look like wood but are metal and very sturdy. Like I said, I LOVE THESE CHAIRS." —Jmolsen
Get it from Amazon for $159.99.
4. A cowhide butterfly chair embodying the blend of casual and rustic that matches my Pinterest moodboard perfectly, so you better get a moo-ve on before I buy them all up for myself (I'm so serious).
5. A tufted plush velvet chair with an ottoman that conveniently slides right underneath, making it great for sprucing up a small bedroom and making it feel expansive and homey.
6. A stylish mid-century modern swivel chair for making those late-night Wikipedia binges at your desk (which inevitably turn into a Wikipedia binge in your bed several feet away) feel more professional.
Promising review: "I bought this chair for my home 'office' which is in my living room since I have a small one-bedroom apartment. The grey color is a true grey and matches my gray couch. The wooden legs look much nicer than a normal desk chair with wheels, plus wheels would not work well on carpet. The chair is sturdy, it does not wobble. The swivel is very helpful so that I can easily get in and out from my desk by twisting it as opposed to pulling the chair out each time. Overall very happy with this chair." —Kirby
Get it from Amazon for $149.99+ (available in faux leather or fabric and in 17 colors).
7. A velvet armchair that's a "why not" kind of chair... a purple butterfly-wing-shaped statement chair you can plop in the corner of your bedroom and instantly zhuzh up the vibes? Why not?
Promising review: "I bought this simply because of the style and the velvet. The mid-century design and purple velvet can be worked into just about any living room setting. The seat cushion is fixed...so there's no reversing or removing it, consequently I don't plan to have it as one of my default or go-to chairs so I'll be able to maintain an even wear and pristine appearance. I think that having a pair of them would be a little overkill and not have as much of a 'WOW' impact as just one spectacular single chair. Having just one creates a special inviting touch that all of my guests look forward to having an opportunity to feel like the guest of honor!" —Jason
Get it from Walmart for $219.99.
8. A funky cutout chair with ample space to curl up with a good book on a rainy day and spend the entirety of that day without having to leave your bedroom... aka heaven.
Promising review: "Great quality for a great price – similar styles from more popular/well-known brands sell for almost double the price. Super easy assembly, the hardest part was taking it out of the box and figuring out where the legs to put together. Spoiler: they are underneath the seat cushion in a secret zipper. Oh, and the best part is it's actually comfortable! Love! Great purchase." –M
Get it from Wayfair for $194.99+ (originally $273.99; available in nine colors).
9. An affordable velvet chair you can plop in front of your desk and boom! It's a glamorous vanity. Or, toss it in the corner and watch your guests make themselves at home.
Promising review: "So comfy! So cute! It only took my friend a few minutes to put it together. I was a little worried the whole would maybe be uncomfortable but it’s perfect. Sturdy. Soft. Love!!!" –Nina b
Get it from Wayfair for $114.49+ (originally $183.79; available in nine colors).
Check out this chair on our list of best cheap accent chairs as well!
10. A sherpa slipper chair if you want even more relaxation after a long, hard day of lounging on your bed. Bed, chair, back to bed, then back to chair — you get the picture.
Promising review: "I was in desperate need of a comfy chair to work from home on. Luckily the store had one of the faux fur chairs assembled and obviously waiting for me. I love it, it's so comfortable, and offers a little bit of lumbar support! Love the style too with the gray and washed-out black legs." —Shannon R.
Get it from Target for $200 (available in two colors).
11. A hammock chair ideal for hanging around and pretending you're a monkey blissfully swinging from vine to vine and not a human being with responsibilities, such as decorating your bedroom.
The hammock comes with the macrame chair and a heavy-duty hanging hardware kit so all you do is drill a hole in the ceiling, insert the iron hooks, and hang. It supports up to 330 pounds.
Promising review: "I hung the swing from my roof in my bedroom and it was easy to do and it’s sturdy and comfy to just hang out in. Good for little reading nooks, etc. I personally enjoy it very much." —madison rose
Get it from Amazon for $59.99.
12. An upholstered rocking chair to be the centerpiece of the nursery room, or the comforting splurge you get for your adult self because hey, you deserve to be babied every once in a while too!
Promising review: "If I could give more than 5 stars I would! The chair is exactly what I wanted! I looked for three months for a rocker for my baby’s nursery and couldn’t find one that fit the aesthetic and comfort I was looking for. I was extremely skeptical to order a chair online not being sure of how comfortable it would be but this chair surpassed my expectations! The back is tall, which is great for my husband and cozy for me! It wasn’t hard to put together it took my husband about 20 minutes if that! Highly recommend this company and chair!" —rachel
Get it from Amazon for $197.99+ (available in 35 colors, and in linen, polyester, cotton, chenille, and toweling).
13. A cocoon chair so photogenic and boho chic you'll instinctively slip it into all your Instagram photos as a subtle flex... and trust me, you will achieve the desired results (flood of DMs asking where you got that chair).
This comes with a removable cushion!
Promising review: "I have ALWAYS wanted one of these and finally got one!! It’s made very well, very nice material, easy assembly and the fabric on the cushions is quality!! It went together easily and it looks so cute!! The base is solid and sturdy! Great investment!!" —Lolo
Get it from Amazon for $374.99 (available in six colors).
14. Or a hanging version if dangling weightlessly while pondering the meaning of life and sipping tea is more your thing.
Promising review: "This chair is sturdy and exactly what I was hoping for an indoor installation in bedroom. Directions were straightforward enough and assembly took about 20 minutes. I was able to anchor into stud using hardware from Lowe's and is a great addition to the corner! The cushions are clearly meant for outdoors, so not the most comfortable for indoor, but that's not a knock on the product." —Chip
Note: This chair has a weight limit of 300 pounds and the stand is not included.
Get it from Amazon for $197.99.
You can find this product, along with some other great styles, in our roundup of the best egg chairs, BTW.