We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A faux leather chair for a bit of business casual ~pizzazz~, taking your bedroom from slobbish den to classy and sophisticated "remote workspace" with a single purchase.
Promising review: "I love these chairs. They were easy to put together and VERY comfortable. I have a shedding dog and can't have fabric chairs. These wipe up easy peasy. Classy, too. Can be used in a living room and around a table. Legs look like wood but are metal and very sturdy. Like I said, I LOVE THESE CHAIRS." —Jmolsen
Get it from Amazon for $214.99+ (available in three colors, or in a set of two).
2. A cowhide butterfly chair embodying the blend of casual and rustic that matches my Pinterest moodboard perfectly, so you better get a moo-ve on before I buy them all up for myself (I'm so serious).
Promising review: "I love this chair! Shipping was faster than expected. Looks exactly like the picture. Quality is sooooo amazing for the price. For it to be a butterfly chair with only the cowhide as the support, it is super comfortable. The print is beautiful and soft. Very pleased with my purchase!" —Kierra
Get it from Wayfair for $269.99 (originally $599.99).
3. A tufted plush velvet chair with an ottoman that conveniently slides right underneath, making it great for sprucing up a small bedroom and making it feel expansive and homey.
Promising review: "Oh, she’s cute alright. Really great piece, well made, super comfy, and love that it’s designed for small spaces. The ottoman tucks away perfectly! I’m in love with it more than I thought I would be. One thing to note is don’t lean super forward...the chair isn’t very heavy to begin with so if you lean too far forward, the chair will tip forward with you. Other than that, it’s perfect!" —Rosanne Chan
Get it from Amazon for $336.56+ (available in six colors).
4. A stylish mid-century modern swivel chair for making those late-night Wikipedia binges at your desk (which inevitably turn into a Wikipedia binge in your bed several feet away) feel more professional.
Promising review: "I bought this chair for my home 'office' which is in my living room since I have a small one-bedroom apartment. The grey color is a true grey and matches my gray couch. The wooden legs look much nicer than a normal desk chair with wheels, plus wheels would not work well on carpet. The chair is sturdy, it does not wobble. The swivel is very helpful so that I can easily get in and out from my desk by twisting it as opposed to pulling the chair out each time. Overall very happy with this chair." —Kirby
Get it from Amazon for $159.99+ (available in faux leather or fabric and in 17 colors).
5. A velvet armchair that's a "why not" kind of chair... a purple butterfly-wing-shaped statement chair you can plop in the corner of your bedroom and instantly zhuzh up the vibes? Why not?
Promising review: "I bought this simply because of the style and the velvet. The mid-century design and purple velvet can be worked into just about any living room setting. The seat cushion is fixed...so there's no reversing or removing it, consequently I don't plan to have it as one of my default or go-to chairs so I'll be able to maintain an even wear and pristine appearance. I think that having a pair of them would be a little overkill and not have as much of a 'WOW' impact as just one spectacular single chair. Having just one creates a special inviting touch that all of my guests look forward to having an opportunity to feel like the guest of honor!" —Jason
Get it from Walmart for $379.
6. A velvet slipper chair featuring a scalloped wave back, soft seat and back cushions, and, according to reviewers, a super nifty secret pocket for storing your romance novels.
This piece was designed in partnership with Jungalow, a Black woman-owned small biz founded by Justina Blakely.
Promising review: "Y’all are not ready for how gorgeous these chairs are! They are STUNNING with just the right amount of quirk. I seriously cannot believe I got two for less than $500! They look designer. I got the blue, and the color is closest to the fourth picture. I wish I’d gotten them weeks ago! They do sit a little low, but it’s even with my sofa. I put them together by myself in minutes!" —Ms
"It’s cute, comfortable, and super easy to assemble (no tools required). The back isn’t the most attractive, but it doesn’t matter if you’re putting it up against a wall. Also it has a SECRET ZIPPER POCKET on the bottom. The legs were hidden in there, but now I’m thinking about what I can stash in there. This chair might have just changed my life (into one that is interesting enough to have something to hide)." —Gg
Get it from Target for $300 (available in two colors).
7. A funky cutout chair with ample space to curl up with a good book on a rainy day and spend the entirety of that day without having to leave your bedroom... aka heaven.
Promising review: "Great quality for a great price – similar styles from more popular/well-known brands sell for almost double the price. Super easy assembly, the hardest part was taking it out of the box and figuring out where the legs to put together. Spoiler: they are underneath the seat cushion in a secret zipper. Oh, and the best part is it's actually comfortable! Love! Great purchase." –M
Get it from Wayfair for $224.99+ (originally $273.99; available in nine colors).
8. An affordable velvet chair you can plop in front of your desk and boom! It's a glamorous vanity. Or, toss it in the corner and watch your guests make themselves at home.
Promising review: "So comfy! So cute! It only took my friend a few minutes to put it together. I was a little worried the whole would maybe be uncomfortable but it’s perfect. Sturdy. Soft. Love!!!" –Nina b
Get it from Wayfair for $145.49+ (originally $183.79; available in nine colors).
Check out this chair on our list of best cheap accent chairs as well!
9. A sherpa slipper chair if you want even more relaxation after a long, hard day of lounging on your bed. Bed, chair, back to bed, then back to chair — you get the picture.
Promising review: "I was in desperate need of a comfy chair to work from home on. Luckily the store had one of the faux fur chairs assembled and obviously waiting for me. I love it, it's so comfortable, and offers a little bit of lumbar support! Love the style too with the gray and washed-out black legs." —Shannon R.
Get it from Target for $200 (available in two colors).
10. A hammock chair ideal for hanging around and pretending you're a monkey blissfully swinging from vine to vine and not a human being with responsibilities, such as decorating your bedroom.
The hammock comes with the macrame chair and a heavy-duty hanging hardware kit so all you do is drill a hole in the ceiling, insert the iron hooks, and hang. It supports up to 330 pounds.
Promising review: "This is my daughter's new favorite thing for her room. It's easy to install and comes with enough chain to reach our vaulted ceiling. Everything was included and had it up in about 20 minutes." —Chatman Family
Get it from Amazon for $59.99.
11. An upholstered rocking chair to be the centerpiece of the nursery room, or the comforting splurge you get for your adult self because hey, you deserve to be babied every once in a while too!
Promising review: "If I could give more than 5 stars I would! The chair is exactly what I wanted! I looked for three months for a rocker for my baby’s nursery and couldn’t find one that fit the aesthetic and comfort I was looking for. I was extremely skeptical to order a chair online not being sure of how comfortable it would be but this chair surpassed my expectations! The back is tall, which is great for my husband and cozy for me! It wasn’t hard to put together it took my husband about 20 minutes if that! Highly recommend this company and chair!" —rachel
Get it from Amazon for $279.99+ (available in 35 colors, and in linen, polyester, cotton, chenille, and toweling).
12. A low-profile sherpa swivel chair I can't believe is so affordable for something with so much functionality. Reminisce upon the old beanbag chair days whilst swiveling back and forth for hours? What more could you ask for in a chair?
Promising review: "This chair is my favorite chair I have ever had! I got this for my college apartment, and it rocks! It is so soft and spins all the way around! My nephews even love it! Highly recommend! It is hard to find now, though! So, if you see it in store, GET IT!!!" —Destiny
Get it from Target for $119.
13. A rattan cocoon chair so photogenic and boho chic you'll instinctively slip it into all your instagram photos as a subtle flex... and trust me, you will achieve the desired results (flood of DMs asking where you got that chair).
14. A classy bedroom chair that's undeniably stately and deceivingly comfortable... a winning combo that's sure to win over anyone who enters your bedroom.
15. A cow print bedroom chair available in 10 ~udderly~ adorable other designs, so you can basically order your dream chair that you'll have sweet dreams in right this second.
16. A curved bedroom chair akin to a soft, upholstered throne fit for royalty that'll stay regal even throughout all the dirty piles of clothes you'll heap upon it.
Promising review: "I absolutely LOVE this chair!!! I purchased this chair for reading and doing work from home. It’s extremely comfortable. It’s a great size. The quality is great. I wanted something that would not just look cute, but, support my back as well. It does just that! Due to the short legs, I thought that the chair would be very low to the ground, but, it’s not too low for me. I’m 5’2” though. It came with a complimentary rectangular accent pillow that has a removable case. It only took me about 10 minutes to assemble as you only have to screw on the legs and slide the back part of the chair into the brackets built into the seat. The chair itself is a bit lighter and the accent pillow a bit more pinkish coral in person, but, I feel that this should be expected from most products purchased online due to the difference in lighting. I would definitely recommend this product." —SL
Get it from Amazon for $289.88+ (available in eight colors).
17. A saucer chair that, if it were up to me, would become my refuge from all the piles of clothing and mountain of stuffed animals occupying my bed at all times. But you're welcome to use it for whatever you like.
Promising review: "I bought this chair for my 13-year-old's birthday when redoing her bedroom. I was so impressed with this chair. We own another similar to this, but this one is so much better. Here are a few reasons why. 1. The fabric on the seat is incredibly soft 2. The chair is well-made and quite sturdy, easily supporting a 200+ pound adult 3. The details like the bronze color on the legs is very classic/modern looking compared to cheap chrome, though there is a little chrome on the backside too 4. My kids ages 13–22 all fight over this 5. Our cat likes it for naps too. I highly recommend this chair. It's sturdy, comfy, and an excellent value! I easily seeing this lasting my daughter through her dorm years in college." —JR, mom of 4
Get it from Amazon for $99.99 (available in seven colors).
18. A velvet barrel chair that comes in an adorable loveseat size so cushy and supportive it's possible you'll sink into it and simply... melt into the seat, never to stand again.
Promising review: "I'm a therapist and a comfortable armchair is one of the most important tools of the trade. I spend most of the day sitting down and in this chair don't feel the need to shift my weight or adjust in any way. Best of all, the arm rests are at the perfect height so my shoulders and arms feel supported. Initially I was going to return the chair because it's a darker gray than I'd expected. In the end I kept it because it was just too damn comfortable." —Scarlett
19. A round tufted chair that's lusciously wide, ideal for sitting crisscross applesauce and absolutely zoning the heck out, perhaps with a cozy throw blanket.
Promising review: "I love this chair! It is just as cute in person as it is online. Very comfortable, and the wider seat is really nice. This chair was the perfect height for my desk as well. Packaging was sufficient and arrived quickly. This was a breeze to put together, though having a second person did make it faster/easier. The chair feels sturdy, even with a heavier person sitting in it." —nc
Get it from Target for $147.99+ (originally $316.99; available in three colors).