18 More Fictional Characters Who — Simply Put — Didn't Deserve To Die
Fictional characters who required real mourning.
We recently took a look at a viral Reddit thread that asked, "What character didn’t deserve to die?" and their tear-jerking responses sparked even more great entries from our very own BuzzFeed Community! Here are some more fictional characters* who deserved a better fate than what they received:
*Also, given the entire nature of this post, HUGE SPOILERS ahead.
1. Eddie, It Chapter Two (2019)
2. Nairobi, Money Heist
3. Godzilla, Godzilla (1954)
4. Freddie, Skins
5. Finnick, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2 (2015)
6. Eponine, Les Misérables (2012)
7. Wes, How to Get Away with Murder
8. Ben Solo, Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
9. Pietro Maximoff, Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
10. Chuck, The Maze Runner (2014)
11. Poussey Washington, Orange Is the New Black
12. Loki, Avengers: Endgame (2019)
13. Thomas Jay, My Girl (1991)
14. Boromir, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
15. Polo, Elite
16. Rufio, Hook (1991)
17. Gramma Tala, Moana (2016)
18. And finally — the dog, I Am Legend (2007)
Now it's your turn! Which fictional character do you believe deserved a better fate than what they received? Share your choice in the comments below!
Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity.