19 Animated Films That Adults Claim Traumatized Them As Children, And TBH, I Can See Why
That toaster may have been brave, but I most certainly am not.
We all have one animated film we saw as children that is (probably) responsible for every nightmare we've ever had — even well into adulthood.
So, with that in mind, here are just a few of the nightmares in cartoon form we were all subjected to as children:
1. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
2. The Brave Little Toaster (1987)
3. The Fox and the Hound (1967)
4. FernGully: The Last Rainforest (1992)
5. Balto (1995)
6. Pinocchio (1940)
7. We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story (1993)
8. The Great Mouse Detective (1986)
9. 9 (2009)
10. The Land Before Time (1988)
11. All Dogs Go to Heaven (1989)
12. Watership Down (1978)
13. The Last Unicorn (1982)
14. Spirited Away (2001)
15. The Lion King (1994)
16. Grave of the Fireflies (1988)
17. Treasure Planet (2002)
18. Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland (1989)
19. And finally — Up (2009)
Now it's your turn! What animated movie positively, absolutely traumatized you as a child? Share yours in the comments below! Oh, and happy nightmares!
Note: Some responses have been edited for length and/or clarity. H/T: Reddit.