Have you ever zoned out while doing some menial task, like washing the dishes or feeding your pet or, oh IDK, SHOWERING, and then, seemingly out of no where, you have an incredibly random-yet-mind-blowing thought?
Well, that's EXACTLY what the subreddit r/Showerthoughts exists to document! So, with that in mind, here a just a few of the most random, most fun, most mind-blowing thoughts shared:
1. "The drink list on a restaurant menu is never at the very front, despite it being the very first question asked at every restaurant."
5. "There is a number so big, no one has ever wrote it, said it, or even thought of it."
6. "If Wookies have a 400-year life span, then Han Solo is basically like Chewbacca's third dog."
8. "When you're growing up as a kid, you don't realize you're also watching your mom and dad grow up."
9. "We laugh when dogs get excited about hearing a bark on TV but if TV was a nonstop stream of unintelligible noises and then someone suddenly spoke to you in your language, you'd be pretty fucking startled, too."
12. "James Bond is always doing amazing feats in tailored suits. It’s amazing to think of what he’d be able to accomplish in athletic wear designed for the specific extreme activity he was involved in."
13. "If someone tells you a plot point for a story in advance, it’s a spoiler. But if the author does it, it’s foreshadowing."
14. "Almost everyone will go around the sun more times in their life than around the Earth."
16. "Being the last person to comment on something is actually a lot harder than being first."
17. "Your password has probably locked you out more times than it has locked other people out."
18. "You can remember that you forgot something but you can't remember what you forgot."
19. "Anxiety is like when video game combat music is playing but you can't find any enemies."
20. "You aren't paid according to how hard you work; you are paid according to how hard your employer thinks you are to replace."
22. "The tallest person in the world has physically experienced being the exact height of every other person in the world at some point."
23. "People who respond with, 'That's not how the world works!' when told to be nicer by others are the exact reason that that's not how the world works."
24. "Watching a graduation ceremony is essentially just sitting through a movie that's entirely end credits."
25. "Your thoughts might actually be in such a personalized, coded shorthand that even if someone COULD read your mind, they wouldn’t understand what the hell you’re thinking."
27. And last, but certainly not least: "A lemon is not naturally occurring. It's a hybrid developed by crossbreeding a bitter orange and a citron. So life never gave us lemons; we invented them ourselves."
There ya have it! Which of these shower thoughts really got you thinkin'? DO you have a shower thought of your own? Share and blow some minds in the comments below! Oh, and be sure to check out r/Showerthoughts for even MORE great entries!
NOTE: Some thoughts were edited for length and/or clarity. H/T Reddit!