We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community a very important question: "What is, undoubtedly, the most fucked-up thing a character has ever done in a movie 100% made for children?" And WHEW, did they come through with some nightmare-inducing answers! So here are just a few of the most fucked-up character moments featured in kids movies:
Also, WARNING: Given the nature of this post, there are some SPOILERS ahead for these movies! Proceed with caution!
1. When the Other Mother lured children into her world, sewed buttons over their eyes, and left them to wither away and die when she got bored with them in Coraline (2009):
2. When Captain Hook put the pirate in the "Boo Box" and filled it with scorpions in Hook (1991):
3. When Cruella de Vil wanted to, you know, kill and skin a bunch of puppies to make coats in 101 Dalmatians (1961):
4. When the Trunchbull put Matilda in "the Chokey" in Matilda (1996):
5. When the boys were tricked onto Pleasure Island and transformed into donkeys in Pinocchio (1940):
6. When the witch was stealing all of those people's heads in Return to Oz (1985):
7. When a horrible circus ringleader tormented some children and dinosaurs to produce a drug made out of terror in We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story (1993):
8. When Count Olaf tried to marry Violet in A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004):
9. When Sid took apart other toys and put them back together in weird ways and then blew them up in his backyard in Toy Story (1995):
10. When Ernesto de la Cruz murdered his best friend, Héctor, in order to take his music, propelling himself to stardom in Coco (2017):
11. When Barnaby kidnapped Mary’s boyfriend, Tom, and took advantage of her misery to try to force her to marry him in Babes in Toyland (1961):
12. When the hunter murdered Bambi's mom in Bambi (1942):
13. When Grandpa Joe was "bedridden" for years while his family starved in poverty, only for him to hop up the first chance he got to go to a chocolate factory in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971):
14. When Scar brutally murdered his brother, then convinced his nephew that he was actually the one who caused his own father's death in The Lion King (1994):
15. When Judge Doom slowly dipped the cartoon shoe into acid, and they showed the ENTIRE thing in Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988):
16. When Bellatrix tortured Hermione with the knife in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2011):
17. And finally — when Frollo sang "Hellfire" in The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1996):
Now it's your turn! Which ones did we forget? What is, in your opinion, the most fucked-up thing a character ever did in a movie made for children? Share your answers in the comments below!
Note: Some responses were edited for length and/or clarity.